4.27.2009

Miserable

That would explain my sweet baby Abigail for the last 36 hours or so. 

Which means I have been too.

Constant screaming, no sleeping, and one Destin Urgent Care trip later....Abigail has her first double ear infection.  She started antibiotics last night and has been on tylenol around the clock and none has made ONE DIFFERENCE.  She seriously screamed, screeched, arched her back, and did not sleep for most of the night.  Fun times.  Sorry to my MIL who Jeff has not had a chance to call about this (I know you don't like reading things like this on the blog).

Also last night, while I was at the condo alone (Jeff and kids were at one of our meetings) Abigail had been seriously screaming (not just wimper crying, but serious screaming) for nearly an hour when all of sudden she started choking and couldn't catch her breath.  It was only a few seconds before she kind of spit up some mucous and drool and then she was totally calm...but it was SO scary.  It has just been so sad to see my normally happy all the time baby crying out in pain and looking at me like "please fix it mommy." I have never seen a child be so miserable.  I think last night was pretty much one of the worst in my life.  I would rather go through labor and delivery 10 times over than do what I did last night.  

We have to make the drive back to T-town today so please pray for us that Abigail would not scream the whole way.  I'm really hoping that the amoxicillin will kick in after this morning's dose. 

5 comments:

jennifer said...

oh rachel, im so sorry. I can't even imagine....i'll pray she recovers today! i cant imagine the crying and not being able to do anything :(

Maggie Pelton said...

I'm sooo sorry. (sure puts my probs in perspective). I'll pray for y'all and the drive home.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry that your sweet baby is so sick and hurting. I'm praying that Abigail gets better really quick and that you are able to rest and rejuvenate.

Thinking of you.

XOXO

Alexis said...

Awful! I saw Jeff in the elevator when we were packing up the car yesterday and he told us what a miserable night ya'll had. I wish I had known what a hard evening you guys were having...I would have been happy to relieved you for awhile during the meeting so you could have taken a walk or something. Nothing like non-stop screaming to make your head want to explode!

Nick and Christina Brannen said...

Boo!!! Ear infections are the worst! Will had one in Dec, Jan and Feb. It was terrible but I am hoping we are done for a while. Hope she starts feeling better soon for everyones sake!