4.10.2009

Holy Week

Today is Good Friday.  

The day we remember the sufferings of a Savior.  

The day that is almost always dark and dreary.  

I admit that this week has been busy and full of secular Easter celebrations.  It is easy to lose sight of what and WHO we are really celebrating on this holiest of Holy Weeks.  

Yesterday, I was flipping through a magazine while Samuel was eating his breakfast.  All of a sudden, Samuel shouted "Mom, STOP!"  I saw Jesus!  I was a bit confused and was like "What, bud?"  He came over and grabbed the magazine from me, flipping back through until he came to a small little ad that was in the magazine for a figurine of Jesus (you know what I'm talking about...those cheesy looking ones).  My heart softened and I told him, that he was right.   That was a picture of Jesus.  His sweet little self tore the page out and just studied his Jesus for several minutes. 

Oh, that I would have the heart of a child who is drawn so sweetly to my Jesus.  More often than not, I go about my day not even noticing or aware of Him in my day to day mundane tasks. Oh that my soul would be captured by His beauty.  

The beauty of His sacrifice.  The beauty of His grace bestowed to me on the cross. 

The beauty of the HOPE He gives. 

Today as we remember the Cross, let us also look forward to the day he defeated death and rose again.  But don't rush over the suffering.  He died a painful death for you.  For me.  So that the Father could lavish His love on us and have a relationship with us.  

Pretty much my favorite song is a hymn called "How Deep The Father's Love For Us."  Click on this link to listen to this beautiful song.   Be sure you scroll all the way down and stop my blog music player. 


3 comments:

Kellie said...

Thanks for sharing that - Happy Good Friday to you!

Rick and Lynn S. said...

You sweet children are very privileged to have such a Godly woman for their Mommy!

Happy Easter!

L-

natalie said...

I'm catching up on some reading, obviously! One day last week, M and I were in the car and heard one of her praise songs that says, "Jesus died...and rose again."

"Mommy!" she said. "Jesus DID NOT DIE."

"Yes, he did, sweetheart. Remember, he died on the cross for our sins so we can live with him eternally when our bodies die." (H is ALWAYS telling me I tell her too much!)

"No, Mommy. He did NOT die. He lives right here. In my heart!"

I was a puddle after that. Their sweet little faith, so simple, so pure, so TRUE.