4.14.08.
It was the day I was supposed to have welcomed our 3rd little miracle.
What a difference a year makes. It crept up on me this year. While I will never forget the date 4.14., it does not bring the amount of intense grief it did last year.
If that baby had lived, I would have a one year old....but I would not have Abigail. I still think about what life would be like with babies 13 months apart. I still think about that little baby I lost.
Words can't really express how thankful I am to have sweet Abigail. She is such a sweet reminder of God's redeeming love and the joy he can bring out of mourning. I am also thankful for the baby I lost....while the pain was not comfortable or the grief fun to work through, it really did bring me closer to Christ and for that it was worth it. I won't understand it this side of heaven, but oh how I long for the day I will meet my unborn baby face to face in eternity.
Sweet little baby, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know
6 comments:
I can only imagine how difficult it is to loose a baby. I'm so glad that you're finding peace. You are an amazingly strong woman!!
You are a testament to God's redeeming love and grace. You are an amazing mother, wife, friend, and woman of God. I am truly honored to call you my friend. Saying a little prayer for you on this day.
Hey girl, what a small world! I knew our due dates had to be close b/c i remember we both miscarried in sept. Wow, isn't it crazy? I'm sure you feel so blessed to look back over your long, hard journey with raising a family at all your precious babies! My sis also was due this week when she had her miscarriage...we dont like the second week of april needless to say. So glad to know you!
Rachel, I thought the same thing yesterday (4-13) that I would have a 1 year old too but no Ireland. It makes me sad yet I'm so glad to have Ireland and I know God does things for a reason. I will never forget my precious baby and time does heal but we never forget. Hugs.
Amen, my friend, amen.
I was a jumble on 4/3, and couldn't come up with anything as eloquent as you, so I just kept quiet.
Post a Comment