10.17.2008

Preparing for Baby

I'm now 35 weeks and have started my weekly doctor visits! It's hard to believe. I've enjoyed nesting, but am definitely just ready to meet Abigail now! We still have a lot to do as far as getting the car seat installed and all the baby gear back out and put together...but for the most part I think we are ready! I've been crampy and having some contractions already, so that makes things interesting!

The ladies at my church bible study (that I've only been attending for like 2 months) threw me a baby shower after our study this past Tuesday! I was, and still am, so overwhelmed at their love and support in celebrating Abigail when they barely know me. It was fun to get some more baby stuff and of course lots of pink! And, I actually have 2 more little celebrations this weekend! It is so special to me to get to celebrate another precious life!

Some of us at the shower...I love these women already!

And, here is the nursery. Most of the stuff is from EK's nursery. I did add a few accessories...mainly the canvas prints that I really enjoyed painting! I still need to get a lamp and a few more small things, but basically it's done.


A close up of the crib...the letters really do show up better in real life!

14 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

okay, seriously...in your "free time"...i will PAY you to paint me one!

Deb said...

I LOVE the canvas'!!!! You did a fantastic job! The nursery is precious! Look forward to seeing you Sun! :)

Kitty Brown said...

The canvases look GREAT! Wish I could be there on Sunday, but I can't be :(

Christina said...

Rachel, those paintings are amazing! I can't believe you painted those. You really should sell some. The nursery looks so great. I wish i was there!

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness!! You really painted those?? I LOVE them!! You should get a shop on Etsy!

Jody McComas said...

You are such a Martha Stewart! You sew cute dresses and make paintings that I would pay for. I'm so impressed! I can't wait to meet Abigail.

Jennie said...

Your canvases look GREAT! The nursery is adorable...we are still working on ours. :) (I wasn't so prepared for a baby three week early!!)

Kellie said...

Oh My!!!! - If I had seen this post before last night, I wouldn't have asked you if you had the nursery ready - boy do you have it ready - and those paintings - WOW!!! You are SUPER MOM!!!

Kimmie said...

the nursery is so cute! i love your canvas paintings!! that gives me some ideas...
hope all is well!

Amanda said...

I ran across your blog and i have to say you have a gorgous growing family! Congrads on your soon arrival!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it !!! so beautiful! and love the paintings that you added!!! how exciting!!! can't wait to hear!

Tabatha said...

I'm a lurker. I am the one that saw you in the therapist office in Athens. Anyways the room looks so cute. I love the canvas wall hangings. Give-a-way at my place. You should drop in.

Rick and Lynn S. said...

Where's the giraffe?
I still have the one Jeff drew for me when he was about Samuel's age!!

Susie said...

i am so darn impressed with your painting!!! such a great job! did you just come up with that?! i love it!! what a sweet place for abigail to come home too! such a talented mommy!