10.11.2008

Life

I keep hearing this song on the radio. I really like it because I truly want to treasure this stage of life and every moment with my kids. Some days are exhausting and I complain a lot. Many days I am wishing for the time to go by quickly just so I can get the kids to bed. As we are quickly approaching the arrival of Abigail, I especially find myself wanting to treasure every moment with Samuel and Ellie Kate. I also want to treasure every kick, every ache, every contraction, etc. because this could be the last time I experience it. Every time I hear this song, I am reminded that one day I am going to look back at these crazy days and miss the pitter patter of feet, the cries in the middle of the night, the kicks in my belly, the constant questions, the cuddles, the early mornings, the anticipation of meeting another little one, the soccer games, the laughter, the cries...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
(Trace Adkins, "You're Gonna Miss This")
song is now added to my playlist :)


Samuel and other Kindergartners performing at the PTA meeting


Pink boots...what else could a girl want?

9 comments:

Deb said...

I so love that song, and totally know what you mean. I was just telling Will about it the other day, and how it's made me re-evaluate where we are in life. It totally makes me want to live up where we are, where Catelyn is and just life in general. Heaven's knows how quickly it all goes by. Good blog! :)

seven is enough said...

I stumbled upon your blog recently , and enjoy reading it and praising God for all the things you do. I too , once was a sahm of 5 litlle ones , four under the age of five. At the time , I too found myself wishing for easier , less hectic days. Boy was I wrong. Those were the best of days. I mourn my grown up babies now , and am having a difficult time finding joy in this stage of my life. Thought you might want to read the poem I wrote addressing your thoughts on my blog.
God bless...

Teresa said...

Someone told me "The days drag, but the years fly." I thought that pretty much summed up how I was feeling these days and related well to what you wrote. I need to appreciate more, thanks for the encouragement.

Jody McComas said...

This post makes me cry because I feel the same way. And we just bought Jenna pink boots today. So fun to have girls! Love you guys!

6 Monkeys and Me said...

Cried reading your post tonight. I love this song. There are days I need to stop myself from getting upset, crabby or frustrated with my kids just because they are doing typical, age appropriate kid things. The times that make me stop and think about my crazy, hectic, exhausting life and just how lovely it is. What will I do once they are grown? I get sad thinking about how fast time is already passing by.

heather ryan morse said...

you are almost there, my friend!!! i was looking at your lilypie!! how exciting! i can't wait for jackson and abigail to meet!

Leigh Collins said...

I can totally relate - I love this song too! Everytime I hear it, it really makes me slow down and look at what the girls are doing and realize that in the next moment that will be over and we will be on to something else! Makes me cry everytime! I don't want to miss one second of their precious lives! I don't know what we did or how we loved before we had kids! God definitely blesses us with them for one reason only -it changes you to the core, forever! Thank God!

jennifer said...

Ha! I laughed b/c every time I hear that song I just start sobbing!!! Im glad that its not just a pregnancy thing b/c I just wrote it off as being over emotional, I definitely have felt the same way. Having another baby has made me realize that David is getting big and it makes me so sad! bittersweet, really...

Anonymous said...

O my gosh. I am in tears. I was reading what you wrote and then the song just started playing...thanks for sharing!