10.22.2008

The Home Stretch!

36 weeks and counting! You can tell my mind is on baby stuff lately since that is what I have been blogging most about! I am nearly 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, with Abigail having dropped a bit to station 2. That means my body is getting ready! Woohooo! I lost a pound this week, my blood pressure is perfect, and my belly is still measuring big...so we have another ultrasound scheduled for next week to see just how big this little gal is. Right now, we have tentatively scheduled an induction for November 12 when I turn 39 weeks...but I guess that could be moved up some if she is measuring really big. Apart from some heartburn and acid reflux, I am actually feeling pretty decent. I just can't believe I only have 3 weeks, at the most, to go!

My sweet friend, Meredith, had a little shower for me on Sunday. She had some yummy food and we enjoyed fun fellowship with some other girls...and of course I got some cute baby stuff! Then, Sunday night some sweet friends here in T-town took me to dinner and we celebrated some more. I am so overwhelmed!!!


Meredith and I

with my aunt Lisa and cousin Julia

how cute is this diaper cake?

3 comments:

The Powells said...

Rach - you are looking more glamorus than ever; I cannot wait to see the little bundle of joy!

The Reeds said...

You look GREAT! I can't believe she will be here so soon! The diaper cake is super cute:)

Susie said...

i am such a slacker friend! i didn't know any of this! so glad i kept on going! i will mark it down! you really could have that baby at any moment!
your showers were so sweet and the diaper cake might be the cutest one ever! what church are yall going to?