12.27.2011

It Was Very Merry!

We have enjoyed a wonderful Christmas the last several days!!! Seriously, goes down in the books as one of my favorites...which I'm sure is due to the fact that we got to stay home.  We are very grateful to our families who traveled to us this year!!! 

Christmas morning was great!  The kids were very excited and actually didn't get up too early.  Samuel got lots of Star Wars stuff, a skateboard thing, and some smaller stuff.  The girls got a dollhouse together and then each got puzzles, books, and some smaller stuff.  I made some breakfast casserole muffins that we all enjoyed around 9:30 am and then back to the toys it was!  Jeff surprised me with Kuerig coffee maker!  I love it so far!



Later Christmas day my family arrived!  My parents, Erin & Ryan drove from Atlanta and we enjoyed a yummy meal together.  I was excited to host Christmas dinner for the very first time.  Crazy!  I kept it pretty simple (honeybaked ham, corn casserole, salad, sister shubert rolls, ice cream cake for dessert, and sweet potato casserole that my mom brought) and we even used paper products to eat on, but it was fun!  Then we opened presents.  I wasn't too good about taking pictures.  Nighttime pics indoors just don't excite me. Ha!  I didn't get one pic of my brother (sorry Ryan). Not sure how that happened.  The kids loved having everyone here for 2 nights and we enjoyed hosting everyone.  My parents gave me a Kitchen Aid mixer that I have been wanting for a long time.  I'm so excited to break it in as soon as I can figure out!  The kids also loved everything they got and have been going from one thing to the next:). 


BEFORE Christmas, we hosted Jeff's family at our house (so I actually got to serve 2 meals to family)! We had a great time with them as usual.  The kids got lots of great toys and we enjoyed being together.  Jeff's big present from his parents was a BCS National Championship ticket to see Alabama play on January 9.  So now, we just pray little Anna Mitchell decides to stay put until after that:).  Since Jeff got that, his parents were very generous to me as well with some money.  I'm very excited to use it on some needed stuff in our home.  We are very thankful for our families!!!

 
Today, we took down all the decorations and organized a lot...finding places for all the new stuff.  I am in major nesting mode!  My back and uterus just don't always love for me to nest:).    Christmas 2011 truly was a wonderful time for our family!  I hope it was for yours too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas! Love all of your photos. And your kiddos are so adorable. I have yet to take down my decoration, but have to get to it eventually :)

Annie said...

What a fun Christmas you had with family.

Family is a blessing.

Happy (belated) Christmas!!