I highly recommend 1000 Gifts. I am about halfway through the book and it's amazing!!
Counting towards my own 1000...
13. the Spirit's calm before leading Bible Study
14. Women sharing and talking and encouraging me unto the Lord
15. a sweet friends generosity
16. date night with the one my soul loves
17. children singing and dancing wildly with no shame
18. God's promises and bounties in my life do calm my anxious heart and give me hope for the future
19. morning coffee
20. God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever
21. a warm January day brings joy in the midst of a long cold winter
22. loads and loads of laundry meaning my quiver is full...
23. a clean pantry and laundry room brings immense satisfaction
24. surviving and thriving a weekend alone without Jeff
25. chick - fil - a
26. free music on pandora
27 a perfect spelling test 2 weeks in a row!
28. leftovers so I don't have to cook
29. that God woos me to Himself - He is a God of love
30. God purposed everything about me (my acne prone skin, my thick frizzy hair, introverted and type A personality, infertility, and my broad shouldered self for my good and His glory)
31. toddler talk and singsong little voices
32. mothers day out and preschool:)
33. God is indescribable...He has "told every lightning bolt where it should go"
34. impromptu play date and lunch with friends
35. flavored creamer swirling into my dark coffee
36. for a book that is changing me...thank you Ann and thank you Jesus for your example of giving thanks in all things
37. being able to invest the gospel into my children's hearts
38. that forgiveness is mine when I don't do 37 well
39. for getting to dress up in a fabulous borrowed dress and go to a fun party with my hubby
40. the 20 some odd comments I got on facebook and here from such encouraging gals about me in said dress (y'all know how to make a girl feel good...and I really appreciate all the sweet comments)!
3 comments:
LOVING ANN's book too!!!!! I heard about it off of Julia's blog and I am so glad I got it! I feel like the Lord is using it to change me too...Lord know's I need it! I'm about to start my own list too- thanks for sharing yours!!
great list!! I especially like 27 and 28!
don't tell me anymore about the book!! i am NOT allowing myself to read it until i'm through the 12 on my booklist. one to include the boenhoffer bio by erik metaxis....so, it'll be a while...and i can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment