I participate from time to time, but I definitely had to today since it's about adoption and I am VERY passionate about adoption and sharing our story with anyone who will listen!!! Adoption is a beautiful and wonderful thing but it's definitely not an easy journey. For us, we were led to adoption because of years of infertility. Out of deep pain, God was able to bring beauty and redemption to us by providing our first child, Samuel...who we adopted from Ukraine at the end of 2005. He is the child for whom my heart longed. He is our precious miracle gift from God who He sovereignly placed in our family. The earthly adoption of Samuel has taught us so much about our spiritual adoptions through Jesus Christ.
I realize that adoption is not for everyone, but I do encourage every believer in Christ to consider it. The Bible is very clear that we are to take care of the orphans and widows and the least of these. There are so many children around the world who need homes. Adoption is not cheap and it's not easy, but when God calls...He will provide. He most certainly did for us and I hope you will take the time to read about our miracle boy (if you haven't already)...
The story of Samuel is written out in 6 parts. All you have to do is look over to my right sidebar and click on Samuel's Story to read about our amazing journey.
Just for a sneak peak though...
Here is Samuel in November of 2005 (age 3) when we first met him in Ukraine...
And here he is NOW (age 8)...
I'd love to know if you stopped by and read our story! It's always fun to meet new visitors:)!


11 comments:
My Samuel was adopted in October 2005! I see you love the story of his birth in the Bible, too!
Rachel, I've been following since before you blogged about Samuel's story and am so touched by it. I hope that one day I will be in a place to have children and adoption is always on my heart!
Have a fab. weekend
Tamar
I'm totally with you! I think everyone should consider providing for a child in need! Your son is gorgeous...I'll have to stop by again to read more!
Thank you for sharing! I just read all six parts of Samuel's story. What encouragement!
Beautiful story and beautiful son!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's neat to see others with a similar journey! =)
I just read through your posts about Samuel, what a great story! You have such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing with us!
Just visited from Kelly's Korner...loved Samuel's story! We have a 1 yr old little boy and our plan is to adopt #2 from either Russia or Ukraine...a brother for him...so I love reading others' stories. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Rachel! Thanks for your comment - I can honestly say you're the only other person I've ever 'met' with a story SO MUCH like ours!!! Very cool! You have a beautiful family!!!
I love reading his story, I am so glad God brought you all together!
Thanks so much for sharing your story. What a beautiful family and I love your blog. Please help us celebrate Sophia's 4th birthday by joining our linky party and sharing adoption stories. The goal is to spread the message/miracle of adoption, helping all those considering and or on the journey.
Thanks, Jessica
Post a Comment