![]() |
| picture from A Holy Experience |
I'm going to join the book club here.
So naturally, I really want to join in on Multitude Mondays at A Holy Experience. God is using this blog through the poetic words of it's author to render in my heart a state of thankfulness. An attitude that looks for the blessings in the midst of my sometimes chaotic, wild, messy, and mundane life as a stay at home mom. So, today is my first post to count my blessings.
I'm reading a book I've already read once before...but this time it's different because I'm helping lead a bible study at my church on it. I've risen early before the kids, as dawn just begins to break, to read, pray, and study. The book is Calm My Anxious Heart and this week we are learning (I'm facilitating) how to be content in our circumstances.
A familiar verse...Philippans 4:6 says...
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God, and the PEACE of God...will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
God is reminding me that I can have His gift of peace, if I choose to be thankful in the midst of my circumstances...whether they be good or bad and whether they ever change or not.
I read in a commentary this morning that peace is a God given reward resulting from joyful reflection on His bounties. And that's exactly what Mondays over at A Holy Experience are for and here that's what they will be for too (if I can remember:)). I jot them down in my journal as I think of them. It helps my heart and my mind stay focused on Him and I really thing the Spirit is changing me. Giving me peace. Giving me a better attitude when I am dependent on Him and looking for the blessings.
Counting my blessings...
1. friends who know me and love God
2. a capable husband who I can 100% trust when I leave him with kids
3. a home I love to take care of
4. 3 sets of eyes watching at the windows
5. welcome home signs...a reminder of being loved and needed
6. irresistible dimples
7. kissable cheeks
8. an eight year old boy's tender heart
9. a fun new way to tie my scarves (thanks Julia)
10. that the word of God is living and active
11. fellowship with other women
12. watching a frustrated little boy experience victory in his homework by not giving up.
13. carpool so I don't have to wake the girls up everyday to get Samuel from school
14. a daughters words of love whispered in my ear
14. a daughters words of love whispered in my ear

2 comments:
I've ordered my copy too! I can't wait for it to get here.
What a great verse... 'with thanksgiving', I love that! I enjoyed sharing your wonderful list of blessings. I also just started my 1000 gifts list today. How sweet to have 'welcome home signs'. Yea for victory in homework! :)
Post a Comment