- It's beginning to snow right now in Tuscaloosa! This is so fun to have 2 big snows so close together! I think we should hopefully get several inches and then there will be a freezing rain possibility...which could mean we lose power...which would mean we will freeze because we have non working gas logs in our fireplace. I'm hoping for the best...that we just get lots of the fluffy stuff and none of the freezing stuff. Jeff's parents up in north Alabama are supposed to get up to 10 or 12 inches. That's craziness for Alabama!!!!
- Jeff got ordained as an elder today in our church. It was a special morning.
- My cleaning out and organizing is in full swing. This is the book that got me motivated...
Click HERE to see it on Amazon
The author also has a blog called Simple Mom. You may have heard of it! I don't go there that often but it's a great blog with a TON of inspiration and material on living a more simple life. I'll try to share some along the way with before and after pics. The main areas I'm focusing on are the attic, closets, kitchen, pantry, laundry room, and playroom. I'm going to have a yard sale in early March and I'm going to donate a lot of stuff too. I'm just really excited about simplifying our life and our possessions. There is NO reason we should have as much stuff as we do!
- I'll end with a really funny story! Samuel made and ABC story book for us for Christmas. It was something they did in his first grade class. He was SO excited to give it to us! It was really cute with drawings and he came up with what went with each letter (like A is for Apple). Anyway, he was so proud and it's definitely something we will treasure forever! Well, one of his friends moms wrote me a little facebook message about one of her daughters letters...
So, Lakin could NOT wait to give us the ABC book she made. We got to Q and I died laughing. "Q... Q is for "QUIT IT, Samuel!!!"" You should see the picture. So funny! She loves him. Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Congrats to your DH! Have fun with the snow. I hope your power does not go out.
That book looks interesting. I'm a fan of organization. We are working very hard here trying to make some space. Anxious to see pictures of your progress.
Post a Comment