BEFORE
DURING
I literally took EVERYTHING out and had it on my counters, table, floors, etc. I cleaned every shelf and the floor in there really good!
AFTER!
I put new contact paper/shelf paper on the bottom shelf of the panty. The existing stuff was so dated and dirty! It looks much better!
I pulled the paper off the left side shelves (pic below) and if I had more time and patience, I would have painted them a fresh coat of paint...but since I had neither of those on Saturday, I just left it the way it is now (which is a bit stick and peeling...but hey it's WAY better than before)! The right side shelves (pic above) I just left as is. I got even more impatient and didn't feel like peeling the paper off. I might do it another day soon though.
I think the key for me, was getting a lot of the junk and food that was old and should have been thrown away awhile ago. Also, key for me...is using lots of baskets so everything has it's place. This also helps Samuel know where he can go in the pantry for a snack since he has a shelf basically devoted to him and his gluten free self:)!
Yay for organization!!!













6 comments:
You did a great job. Can wait to see more.
Have a great week.
I have such a thing for an organized space. Your pantry looks awesome. I LOVE lots of baskets so everything has a home.
That's not even my pantry and it gave me warm fuzzies! I looove a good clean out!
I visit your blog often b/c I have kids close together like your girls. I wanted to ask about GF snacks. My almost 3 yrs old daughter has Celiac and therefore we are adjusting. Can you list the snacks you buy for your son. We basically use Chex cereal, sunkist fruit snacks and Enviro Kids Crispy Rice Brand Snack Bars. I thought I saw some muffins in his basket-let us know. Thanks!! Also, what does eat for lunches?
It looks great Rachel! I love seeing all the GF goodies in your pantry - how is the diet working for you all?
Tamar
You did SUCH a good job! I SO need to organize my pantry, this totally gave me motivation! By the way, I LOVE your blog...I just found it through Kelly's Korner & have spent the last 30 minutes reading it! We have a lot in common! (Although I haven't adopted) Our girls are pretty much the same ages. Kate was born 1.23.07 & Claire was born 9.9.08. I love photography & also design holiday cards, birth announcements, invites, etc! And, like you, I LOVE throwing my kids birthday parties :) I am now following your blog & looking forward to reading more!
Post a Comment