We always joke that Tuscaloosa is the hottest place on earth in the summer and how we just seem to be in some sort of basin or valley (I do not know the technical term) and so therefore, we also never get much snow when they forecast it! Yesterday was no different. We did get maybe 1 inch and then some ice over that. It was enough to cancel school for 2 days (craziness) though! I guess that's fun...unless you have very energetic young children and add to that there really wasn't any snow to play in! We tried to make the most of it though. Samuel went out and played in it for a little while and ate some icicles. We don't have any hills near us and since the roads were so icy, we couldn't go anywhere to sled. We watched Beauty & The Beast blue ray dvd on Jeff's new tv that he bought with his christmas money. I love that movie!!! It's crazy that I can still sing along with almost all the songs so many years later:). We played blocks. I did A LOT of laundry. I did a blog makeover. Jeff and Samuel played a lot of Wii (Super Mario). The kids slept late both mornings (8am) and took good naps. Today, we were all stir crazy so we went to Moes for lunch and then Jeff went and hung out with students the rest of the day. My area of organization and cleaning yesterday (and the rest of this week along with the pantry) was the office/living room. I got a lot done but still need to do some more! I'm making progress and that feels good! It's just going to take awhile to clean out, organize, and simplify 2600 square feet plus a garage and attic:)!
So, here are some picture memories from the winter weather event of 2011...
we had BEAUTIFUL huge snow flakes for about 20 minutes and that was it...but it fell so fast and it was so cold that apparently that was all we needed to get our measly one inch of white stuff...guess that explains why Jeff's parents just a few hours north of us got 9 inches!
"Be Our Guest!"
2 comments:
I love Beauty and The Beast too!! I have the soundtrack! Such a good movie. Need to get it on DVD for Anna.
Looks like a good day. Love the kids faces watching the movie.
Post a Comment