1.02.2011

A Look Back

2010 was a great year for us!! I am thankful for that.  Thankful that the Lord has showered many blessings on my family.  Mostly, I feel wildly undeserving of His blessings....His grace...His mercy...and His provision in my life.  I am also thankful for all of you who actually take the time to read this blog, buy blog makeovers or invitations, and even pray for us.  I love this place and love hearing from you when you take the time to comment!!!!

Anyway, here is just a fun glimpse of some of the highlights of 2010 for us....


Cheering on Alabama to their 13th National Championship in January! Roll Tide!



In February we celebrated Ellie Kate's 3rd birthday with a Candy Shop theme and it was SO FUN!



March took Jeff and I halfway across the world to Asia where we led a team of students on a spring break mission trip.



I took a big leap in April and went from a blond to a brunette!  It has since faded and I have since gone back a little blond, but it was a big step:)  I had also lost about 10 pounds!



We went to the beach in May and all had a blast.  It was the only family vacation we took last summer!


Jeff and I got to go on another trip in June to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico.  This was our first time away by ourselves on a real vacation since our honeymoon!!! It was basically a gift from Jeff's sister and brother in law and our credit card miles:) 


July brought some heartache as my grandfather went to be with His maker.  We celebrated his life though and are so thankful for a life well lived!


We celebrated new life in August when we welcomed Davis Hunt into the family to Jeff's sister Jennifer and brother in law Buddy! We all love him so much!  The kids also all started school and this mama got some much needed free mornings that I have enjoyed more than I can ever express!


September ushered in more trips, fun football games, some fun projects (side table, lamp, and jewelry holder) and Jeff's birthday...but most fun was I got a free kitchen makeover from my sweet Aunt's hand me downs!!! The new chairs and oil painting really transformed my breakfast area!!!!


Samuel turned 8 in October and we had a fun lego party with some of his friends!!!  We also did lots of fun fall stuff like get pumpkins, dress up for Halloween, and go trick or treating.  This was also the month that we started a Gluten/Dairy Free Diet for Samuel and saw some amazing results in our energetic buddy!

Abigail turned 2 in November and we had her birthday at Chick Fil A!! It was amazing to have it off site from my house for sure!  We also enjoyed lots of fun days outside in mild fall weather and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. 


And finally December arrived.  The month flew by with parties, Christmas, family time, and just lots of fun.  We also put an emphasis on the real reason for the season and cut back on our talk of Santa and presents for ourselves and tried to focus on the birth of a baby who would become our Savior.  We ended the year and month with a day of SNOW



I am looking forward to 2011.  I am really excited about a vision of organization and simplicity for my life and my home.  I am sure I will talk about it more because I am really excited about it!!!  I am also determined to lose these last 10 pounds if it kills me. I have been trying to lose 20 total since last March. I lost about 12 real quick, gained 3-4 back, lost 6 more to get to a total of 16.  Now I'm sure I gained 3-4 more over the holidays so I have about 10 to lose again.  I WILL make my goal.  Overall though, I am proud of myself for the strides I made in 2010 to become healthier by eating better, losing weight, and running 2 miles 3-4 times a week.  I look forward to doing even more in 2011!!!  I am also proud of the strides I made to make our family healthier by making changes in the way we eat and clean (more organic whole foods, less artificial colors, sugar, more vitamins, more natural, etc).  In many ways, I feel like 2010 brought me out of a season of survival into a season of thriving and for that I am overwhelmingly blessed and thankful!!!! I am hopeful that 2011 will bring more of the same!

Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

what an AWESOME post!! and i LOVED all the snow pics...just great!! look forward to seeing much more in 2011 :)

Annie said...

It was a blessing year for your family.

I wish you another blessing year and that all your dreams or goals came true.

Jamie said...

I totally feel you about the transition from survival to thriving. I'm still in survival mode now but hope to thrive and lose weight with you soon. What a great year your precious family had! I wish you all many more blessings in the New Year!