So, as you may know, my camera (that is less than a year old) broke for the 2nd time before we moved. I was going to send it off to be repaired since it was still under warranty but I wanted to wait until we moved because of the address change. Anyhoo...in all the craziness of the weeks leading up to the move...the camera is now nowhere to be found. I tried to find it before we moved and I had hoped that it would turn up as we unpacked.
No luck. We have unpacked about 3/4 of our boxes and still no camera. I also can't find our old camera that would work just fine for now. So, I'm in a dilemma. I need a camera for Samuel's first day of school that is coming up next week. I hope to have the rest of the boxes unpacked in the next few days, but if I don't find the camera I guess I will be going to buy another new one. Sigh. Thank goodness for birthday money that will be coming this month!
So, for those of you who love your cameras...which one do you have and why do you like it? I need some recommendations for a good camera!!!! Don't be shy...leave a comment and let me know...PLEASE!!!
17 comments:
I had the Canon Power Shot and now I'm on my second Nikon Coolpix. I love it b/c it's lightweight and thin AND my most favorite feature is that you can zoom in on a picture you take and crop it right there on the camera which saves time when uploading!
I had hoped that the one I lost would have turned up when we packed and moved...
I have a casio elixim that I love because it is so small! Mine is only 6 megapixels, but my mother-in-laws is newer and hers is 10 or 11 megapixels. As far as a lightweight point and shoot the camera is awesome. The screen is huge and there are quite a few settings. I am still dying to get an amazing and super nice camera, but until then it works great for us!
ps... the camera takes pictures really quickly in comparison to a lot of other digital cameras out there. Might be a good thing for all your little ones!
WE hve the Sony Cybershot and love it! Takes great pics and has lots of good features. Hope you all are getting settled in and I can't wait to catch up soon:)
Cannon S5IS. The IS stands for Image Stabilizer which is nice when you have kids. I am really enjoying this camera. It takes quick pictures and has lots of features. It has 10 megapixels. If your looking for a small compact camera this is not the one for you. I like that it's larger and substantial in my hands. It also has a large screen.
I love my canon rebel. Totally worth the financial investment.
Can't wait to see Samuel on his first day of school!!
Ditto what Natalie said, though I did break mine . . . so maybe look into the protection plan?
Hey Rachel! We have a Panasonic Lumix, that we LOVE. It has a 10X optical zoom on it, which is so great - we can be sooo far away from something and still get a GREAT picture...hope this helps!
I am a photographer in my spare time so I have used quite a few camera's and can give you some insight into my favs. I currently use the Sony Cybershot for my point and shoot digital. I used an old Kodak digital for years till it broke and then went through three different camera's, returning all of them, till I found the Cybershot. A friend of mine uses it, as well and the pix always look great. It has the fastest reshoot time, no long delays between taking your next picture or viewing the pix. As far as digital SLR's go, I shoot a Nikon D40 and LOVE it. Good luck and ROLL TIDE!
I have a cannon powershot. I love it for several reasons. SMALL and I take it everywhere. Takes great pictures and not complicated at all. Very affordable! What more can a mommy on the go ask for?? :)
I have the sony cyber shot - I really want the new one that came out this summer - bigger screen and automatically detects smiles and takes the picture! And it has a great zoom! I would say the only negative is that if the batteries aren't really charged that it takes a bit for the flash to be ready. But I think that is the same for most digitals. All the pics taken on my blog are with the sony. It also takes unlimited video with sound. Great for when something happens and I have no video camera!
Just me again! I have to say Happy 24 weeks! OMG! So excited for you. Need to see a belly shot soon! I just realized - our baby girl should be born about Nov - Jan. So the birthmom is about where you are! Our little girls should be really close in age!
I have a SLR Nikon D50. Its the best. So fast and can can do so much. I really need to take a class on it so I can figure out how to use all the features (or just read the manual, but Im lazy). I need a new small camera-ours was a wedding gift 5 yrs ago!
Hey rach, sorry about your camera. Hope the move is going good. I really want to come and see you in T-town, we want to come visit! Hope to see ya'll next weekend. As for my camera, got it christmas and it is a sony cyber-shot 7.2m - I've been pleased with it so far.
I guess I should have said my old camera was the Sony Cybershot...so any other suggestions besides that one would be great! I must have gotten the one rotten camera made last year:(.
Love my Canon Rebel. I did buy the protection plan. It is NOT a small camera but it takes great pictures and I like the ability to change lenses. It is the camera I use all the time. I also have a Nikon coolpix which is nice and small to take with anywhere.
We have two. My point and shoot that I carry in my purse at ALL times for easy pictures for Emily is Canon Power Shot (6 megapixels). It's small, easy to use. It has been wonderful! My better portrait camera we use when on vacation, taking portraits of Emily my self, and just around the house is a Canon Rebel XTi (10 megapixles). I love being able to change out my lenses and stabilizer lense (great with kids action!) to get the look of a photo I want. Hope you have luck in getting a new camera to fit your needs!
Oh, and we got great deals on both the cameras when we ordered from Amazon.
I agree, I love my Nikon Coolpix - very easy to use, small and takes great pictures. Good luck with the unpacking!!!
Post a Comment