7.20.2008

17 Months (almost)

This is moving week...and also the week EK turns 17 months. WOW!! So, since we are moving to a new house this week don't be alarmed if there is a lag in blog posts due to our internet not being installed yet. I will try to take a trip or 2 perhaps to Panera or some coffee shop that has free Wi-Fi. I am so addicted to the internet, I know I won't stay away long. Anyway, I digress.

Since we might not have internet on EK's 17 month bday (23rd) I thought I would go ahead and post. I feel like so much has changed just in a month since I did her 16 month post. She is changing so fast and learning so much! I know I am biased, but I think she is really smart! Her vocabulary has exploded and she is learning and adding new words almost daily. I wrote them down yesterday and she now says more than 40 words and several phrases. It really amazes me how much she is learning. I think part of it is that she takes after her mama and loves loves loves books! She will sit and look at them by herself some, but she would sit in my lap forever and let me or her daddy read to her.

I feel like we may be entering into the terrible two's a little early! She has started throwing temper tantrums and is very strong willed! She does not listen to "no" or respond to any of my discipline. Redirecting doesn't work much either. Whining is more common than ever now. Some days can be trying, but most days are fun because she is really hilarious! She loves to dance and wiggle her hips back and forth. I really hope to get it on video (of course I have to have a camera for that and I will no longer have access to my mom's). Ellie Kate also loves shoes. She is always putting on someone's shoes and walking around in them. Speaking of walking, EK doesn't do much of that anymore. She is always running and climbing on everything. I feel like she is an accident waiting to happen...the girl has no fear!

Ellie Kate is VERY social and loves people! Wherever we go, she thinks everyone should notice her. If we are eating in a restaurant or shopping at Target, she breaks into a huge grin and waves at everyone who walks by...whether they acknowledge her or not!

So, why do I post these things? I really do them for me (and for her later on). I'm sure most of you don't really care about how many words she says or what her little attitude is like...but since I am not keeping a baby book up very well for her, I figure if I print this blog off at some point...it will be great to go back and see how she changed each month. Also, I think I will want to compare her with the next baby. I love going back and reading our old website (which I copied and pasted into a very big Word document) and seeing how much Samuel changed the first few years. I love blogs because they are so easy and for some reason more fun than writing it down in a book!!!!

If you made it this far...you are a saint! Pray for us this week as we move into our new house. Sometimes Samuel has a hard time transitioning and it is hard for me to be patient in that. We have a lot of details to take care of too which can be overwhelming. I hope to update again soon!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Happy 17th Month EK!!

I'm praying that the move into your new house goes as smoothly as possible.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I pray all goes well with the move. It's so funny because when you describe EK you could also be describing Jenna. They seem like two peas in a pod. I sure wish we lived closer so they could play together. Love you guys!

Aimee said...

Rachel - Best of luck with the Big Move!!! EK is soo big, how did that happen? I love reading all the details, keep posting! And if I had some extra patience to spare, I'd send it your way, ha!!

Kitty Brown said...

I think you're doing a great job keeping up with everything, and the kiddos will definitely love it someday. Good luck with the move!!!

Sue said...

Rachel, You can turn your blog into a book on Blurb.com...I think it can be as little as $35 depending on the size book you choose. I was thinking about doing one once Carter turns a year, capturing the past year. Maybe year #2, 3, etc...but I don't want to get ahead of myself! :)

the siples said...

rachel, sweet friend, we will be praying for y'all (and missing you too!). we love you!

Susie said...

i love reading all about ek! praying for you this week!