Ellie Kate had her 15 month doctors appointment today even though she is 16 months. We had to cancel a few times since we have been out of town so much lately. Anyway, she did great and is a healthy little girl....doing everything and more she is supposed to be doing. She hated her shots and was pitiful during those...but that's expected. I decided to delay a lot of her shots just because I wasn't comfortable with some of them and how many they give at each appointment. My ped has been fine with that and never made me feel bad about it all which I am so thankful for. We saw the NP today and she made me feel so bad. I hate that! I am the mommy and I know that y'all recommend all the shots at the appointed time and I decided over a year ago on my schedule so why make me feel like I am the worst mom in the world for that?! Ughh. So we got 2 shots that she was supposed to get several months ago and decline the ones they really wanted her to get (chicken pox and MMR). Then she tells me..."well I hope she doesn't get those and then give them to you since you are pregnant." Now, seriously why make me more scared than I already am? I mean, I know she has no idea of my history or how freaked out I have been with this pregnancy, but really? I know she is just trying to do her job, but I was a little peeved at her attitude towards me. She was really thorough with Ellie Kate though so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
Here are the stats for Ellie Kate at 16 months
weight: 23.2 pounds (48%)
height: 32 inches (78%)
She is still our long and lean little girl!
So, after the shots I ask the nurse for some tylenol. She basically has to shove it in EK's mouth because she was still a little upset about the shots. I should have know better...in the past this has always resulted in gagging and sometimes vomiting. However, she seemed fine. We picked out a sticker and went on our way. We were headed to the park to walk with a friend. Halfway there, Ellie Kate vomits all over herself! I mean it is everywhere...all over the carseat (every strap and every small crack) and herself. The smell nearly made me throw up. So, the directions on her carseat (Britax Marathon) say not to wash it...just use mild soap and water. Do they have any idea how hard it is to get the vomit smell out of a carseat with just mild soap and water? We cleaned it as best we knew how and it still smells SO BAD!!!! And not to mention, the van still smells bad too. Oh the joys of mommyhood!!! Anyone have any ideas on how to get the smell out of the carseat and car? Any tips are greatly appreciated!!!
9 comments:
our high chair instructions say not to wash the cover, but i do it on gentle in cold water anyways and it is fine. maybe you could wash it on gentle...maybe some baking soda, let it soak and dry in the sun and then rinse it?
I agree. We have britex too and gentle cycle in the washer is good, just let it air dry. Sorry that happened!
Oh no!!! I'm sorry you had such a rough day.
Extra strength FEBREZE, lots of sunshine, and prayer! ;)
Glad to hear E.K. is doing well.
(Tell Jeff that Carmen Jones Mitchell and husband Jeremy, are expecting their first - a girl - in August.)
Glad EK is doing so great! I always got an attitude about nursing from the peds. I chose to give no solids until after 6 months and then to use them as "snack" until about 9 months when solids outweighed nursing. My boys were always underweight (but still maintaining their curve and on the charts). I was so mad! I still got funny looks when I told them I was still nursing at 12 months! Justin still nursed first thing in the morning and last at night. He is not getting much, but he loves it and it is so comforting to us both. Glad you stuck to your guns!
Oh, my advice is to soak it in a big bucket of water with some vinegar. Then rinse it out well. If you are going to use the gentle cycle, then pour some vinegar in the washer with the degergent too! Vinegar takes smells out of everything - good for soaking rubber sandals too!
Sorry that NP made you feel bad! The nurses at my son's dr.'s office always make me feel bad too. They always have to sigh when I make sure his flu shot is thimerasol free!!! Then they remind me that's not what causes autism.....like they know for sure?????? Anyway, kuddo's to you for sticking to your decision!!!!
I have a britax marathon (the one from target w/ a gray cover)..I've washed it a couple of times on the gentle cycle in the washing machine, and let it air dry. I've also had a few friends that wash AND dry theirs. I've never had any problems after washing it...except it's hard to get back on. You have to read the directions carefully on exactly how to remove it and replace it! Sorry she got sick!! I hope she feels better!
I washed Adeline's Britax in a front loader and line dried it. Try that. You have to get that smell out.
As everyone has already told you - wash it on gentle and line dry! Works every time. Mary Mac christened her carseat a week after we got it - so you can imagine how mad I was! As for feeling bad about the shots - YOU ARE HER MOM! That's all I have to say about that!
Post a Comment