8.09.2009

Weekend Fun!

It was a nice quiet weekend around here (thank goodness) - well, as quiet as it can be with 3 small kids.  We stayed busy though continuing to unpack and organize the house after being gone all summer.  I think I'm finally finished. Friday night we ate out with some friends and the kids were surprisingly pretty good.  It's always pretty chaotic when we try to eat out, and yet we still do it (who knows why).   

It's so stinkin hot in T-town.  I really miss the Colorado weather and I pretty much say it like every single day since we've been back!  The kids have been playing in our little pool a lot. Saturday, they had a blast playing pirates, "surfing", and playing under the "shower" Jeff rigged up. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Abigail watched longingly from the door.  


Photobucket


We did eventually let her go out and splash around in a small plastic bin, but it didn't last long because Ellie Kate poured water all over the poor baby. 


Pepper crawled in the dryer after I had left it open after only getting a clean pair of panties out for EK (yes, she is still not fully potty trained after 3 months of working on it).  

Photobucket

We also played baseball in the backyard one evening.  I got some great hits and Samuel laughed at his silly daddy a lot (and got some really good hits too).  

Photobucket


The girls had fun swinging.

Photobucket


Photobucket


And today after church, Jeff took Samuel to Fan Day.  


Photobucket

They "got" to watch Alabama practice in Bryant Denny and then go down on the field afterwards for some autographs.  I'm glad I didn't go since it felt like it was 150 degrees outside. You couldn't have paid me to go.  Instead, I sat on my couch in the cool air conditioning and read a book while the girls slept.  It was heavenly.  I think Samuel would not have enjoyed it either but he found a friend and they played with her doll together (yes...you read that right...but he's still only 6 so we'll let it slide this time).  

School starts this week so we are back in the grind. 

Oh, and I think there will be 5 parts to Samuel's story.  I'll try to get the next one up soon:)


Photobucket

5 comments:

Christina said...

Rachel! I totally forgot about Pepper! It was good to see him represented on your page! :)

Zoe said...

Such fun summertime pictures. Love the 'paddling pirates' - so cute. And Abigail watching from the window... such a cutie. Is that a cloth diaper she is wearing? We try to use cloth, but not all the time. I love it, but... so much laundry!

Ann said...

Those are great pictures! Looks like the kids were having a great time!

Taylor said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I hope you adjust to the heat soon!

Ann said...

psst! you have an award...check out my blog.