8.24.2009

2 1/2 Years Old


Photobucket

This sassy little girl is 30 months old! I'm serious y'all...she is full of spunk and sass, and she is a handful!!! Ellie Kate is the silliest, funniest, sweetest, most dramatic, strong-willed, crazy, and lovable little girl.  

She loves her big brother and annoys her little sister to no end.  

Photobucket

Ellie Kate still does not know how to be gentle with Abigail.  She is all over her all the time and Abigail pretty much doesn't like it as you can tell in this pic! Ha!!!

The obsession at the moment, is babies.  Ellie Kate loves to play with her baby dolls and sleeps with every single one of them.  She is quite the little momma and sings to them, rocks them, feeds them, changes their diapers, etc.  It's so cute!  And, of course, the sassy little girl STILL loves shoes.  We are going to be in big trouble when she is a teenager.  I mean, she really has a thing for shoes.  It's hilarious! 

It's been 4 months since we began potty training and she still isn't 100% there.  To say it's been frustrating, would be an understatement.  I think she is getting a lot better, but she definitely likes to be in control of it so some days we do really well and other days, not so much.  She also still fights bedtime EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT (going on 6 months now).  Her newest thing is that she is scared of monsters.  That's what happens, I suppose, when you have a big brother. I don't think she even knows what a monster is, but whatever.  I'm pretty tired of dealing with her fits at bedtime and I'm not sure why she keeps it up...because we have never given in and she gets punished and I've always been a bedtime nazi...but like I said, she is strong willed and so she continues to fight us.  I'm just thankful the other 2 go down like a piece of cake. 

There is never a dull moment with Ellie Kate that is for sure! I love her to pieces and am so thankful for the fun little girl she is becoming! 

FYI - I PROMISE, I will finish Samuel's story tonight or tomorrow! 


Photobucket

8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh how precious!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

How cute! You've gotta love strong willed two-year-olds! They sure make life a whole lot more interesting!
Can't wait to hear the rest of Samuel's story :)

The Brannens said...

I wish I was alround her more to see her spunky personality! I am sure it is hard at times but she sure is a cutie pie!

Kimmie said...

okay, EK sounds A LOT like me as a child! :) she really does. i got the most spankings out of 5 kids in my family for being sassy. hah!

Maggie Pelton said...

Are you kidding? That pic of EK is absolutely the cutest thing. Can her eyes be any bluer?

You are the perfect mama for her little spunky self!

Kari said...

Ellie Kate reminds me of my Bella Joy (who is now 4), but her sassiness started in the womb. Many days it drives me crazy, but it's also what makes her so amazing!

Beautiful girl!

Zoe said...

Love those blue eyes! And Abigail's Robeez too - aren't those the best baby shoes ever?
I have 2 shoe lovin' girls too - one likes to wear them, and the other likes to eat them. :)

Kim said...

Such a pretty girl! I cannot believe how fast kids grow up! It is sad and exciting at the same time to see them grow!