8.20.2009

Thursday Ramblings

Tuesday afternoon, I drug all 3 kids to the doctor for Abigail's 9 month check up.  Surprisingly, it went pretty smooth (I came prepared with suckers and other bribery).  Abs did great and is all around a healthy little girl!

Photobucket

9 Month Stats:
Weight - 19 lbs 2 oz (50%)
Height - 28 1/2 inches (75%)
Head Circ - 17 1/2 inches (50%)


Ellie Kate enjoyed some artistic expression yesterday by painting in the nude (she got undressed to go to the potty and then refused to put her dress and panties back on).  I did take a pictures of that, but it seemed a bit inappropriate (it was before the apron was on).  She had fun using her crayola beginnings set and splattering paint literally everywhere! 


Photobucket


This is what our family room looked like yesterday afternoon.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had about 10 students over with their laptops (it kind of looked like a Mac store:)) entering information into an online database.  Jeff and our staff, as well as our leadership students, have been hard at work the last few days meeting incoming freshman and other students at different things on campus.  The database will help us keep track of who indicated they were interested in learning more about our ministry and getting involved and even those who want to know more about a relationship with Christ.  It's an exciting time to be in a college town.  Tuscaloosa is buzzing with activity and we love it! 

In other random news, I sold some old gold jewelry last night and got $120 for just a few small things.  WOO HOO!!! Now, I'm scheming up other ways to make easy money out of things I have on hand.  I think I'm about to try ebay to sell some of the kids clothes that they have grown out of.  



Photobucket

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Glad the appointment smoothly for you. I think you should open up and ETSY store online and sell those pillowcase dresses, they are gorgeous!

3LittleByrds said...

Adorable as ever. Abigail is getting so big. Ireland went for her checkup alittle over a week ago and was 17 lbs. 7 oz. and 27 in. By the way what company did you use to make money on jewelry? Maybe I need to do that. :)

Tabatha said...

Ebay is the best. I always sell the kids old clothes on there and make good money for it. I do it in lots not individual pieces. Like I sell all of one size in one listing. With my daughters size 5 clothes I got over $200 for at the beginning of summer. I'm about to do last years winter clothes! Good luck!

Jana said...

Abigail is getting cuter everyday!
Curious...Did you finish Samuel's story and I missed it or is there more to come? It is very interesting to read as you write it so well.