8.28.2008

A New Decade for Me!!!!



So, I turned the big 3-0 yesterday! It feels so wierd to say that! Jeff took me to Birmingham and we met up with some of my best friends who live there! It was so much fun to all be together and catch up. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the whole gang. I'm really sad about that! The dining room table and chairs arrived Tuesday and were my big gift! I love having a dining room and can't wait to start entertaining! The bottom right pic in the collage above is of Samuel and Ellie Kate giving me their card (that Samuel picked out all by himself). Thanks to my sweet husband for organizing a fun night and thanks to Jennifer, Carey & Andrew, Catie & Jamie, Meredith & Gary, Deborah & Will, and Kelly & Ryan for coming to celebrate!

The pics below are of when we celebrated with my family last weekend (again sad I didn't get my parents in any of the pictures). Samuel was so excited to have a cake for me and he put 30 candles on it and then even helped me blow them out!



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Kellie said...

Rachel, Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry I didn't know - I'm glad you got to spend it with some friends! I love the dining room furniture - I can't wait to see your house and meet your children! How are you feeling? Not too long to go! Talk to you soon - oh, email me your phone numbers if you don't mind!

Sarah said...

Hope you love 30 half as much as I did. 30 was a great year!!!

Deb said...

I'm so glad you had a good 30 bday. I love your new dining table!! Good gift! Great seeing you yesterday, and looking forward to a craft day soon!!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Happy Birthday!! You look great! EK's hair is getting so long, it really makes her look grown up!

Haley said...

Hey Rach! Happy 3-0!! Glad you had a good day. Sorry we couldnt meet you guys for dinner. I know you had fun.
Hope to see you soon. Love you!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

happy birthday! glad to see you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday!
(mine is coming up in March)
You look great!
Jobie and Marley

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday! I love the dining room set too!

Nancy, Jeff, Connor & Porter said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!! Welcome to the 30s! Your house looks great. I hope in time you will feel at home where you are, and the feelings of isolation will be just distant memories for you. It helps so much to have kids to meet other parents through. I hope Samuel's transition into school has been going well too.

I have a similar photo of Connor with toilet paper everywhere when he was about the same age!

Nancy

6 Monkeys and Me said...

Glad you had a fun birthday celebration Rachel! Beautiful dining set. Welcome to your 30's! I am still trying to figure out how I can possibly be quickly approaching my 34th.

Maria said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rachel!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family.

XOXO

Kellie said...

We had a great time yesterday Rachel and Jeff! Thanks for coming - Samuel and Ellie Kate were too precious! We'll have to get together again soon!