This morning we walked Samuel into his kindergarten room and dropped him off. He did really well and just walked right in and hung his backpack up. He was really excited about today and even woke up on his own at 6:30 am this morning (he usually sleeps until 8 am). I could tell he was a little nervous going in his classroom, but I tried really hard to hold it together so he wouldn't see me upset. It's hard to hand off your 5 year old knowing that he now will spend more time with his teacher than you during the day. I mean I have only had him to myself for just under 3 years and yet I know that this is going to be so good for him. He has been a bit bored since we moved so I think the structure and fun of school will be just what he needs. Of course we are nervous how he will do since he is still considerably behind most of his peers developmentally. This is just one of many moments as his parents that we are to entrust him to our heavenly Father and give him the wings to begin growing up.
They had a "Boo-Hoo" breakfast at the school for all the kindergarten parents. I thought that was really nice...although no one seemed to be boo-hooing thank goodness! When we were in the car about to drop him off, Samuel said..."I hope Ellie Kate doesn't miss me too much." I thought that was so cute! Of course we will miss him although I'm not sure she is really old enough to really notice he is gone. I can't wait to pick him up at 2:45 today!
Here are some pictures from this morning...
It's a citywide policy for students to have a clear backpack...how uncool is that?!

Such a big boy!

Showing off his backpack

hanging up his backpack under his cubby

By the way, these pics are not from a new camera (thanks for all the suggestions by the way). I did find our very old and very slow Nikon Coolpix that I hate with a passion, but at least it will do until I can decide on a new one.
4 comments:
Wow!! What a big boy! He looks precious and I can't wait to hear about his first day!
Love the front of your house, by the way. You need to post some pics of it.
Hooray for the first day of school! Hope everything went well. I second Julia's request for house pics.
Whay a big guy!
Although I've seen the house, the pics of the front door look great - it's coming together! Did Jeff tell you I called to check on you after you dropped Samuel off? Sounds like it was a great start! Hope the rest of his day was just as great!
Post a Comment