4.24.2011

Easter Weekend!

Last Easter was not good (you can read about it HERE), but it taught me a lot about expectations and wrongly placed hope. This year, I am so thankful that we got to celebrate this holy weekend without a hitch! Well, besides the fact that Abigail's potty training has gone south and I haven't had the best attitude about it. Thankfully, it has led me to One I desperately need each and every day for hope, forgiveness, right perspective, etc.

We enjoyed a full weekend of activities.  I had a last minute little easter party on Friday at my house for some friends and their kids.  It went pretty well considering there were 5 boys and 4 girls running around INSIDE (it was still too wet and muddy) our house. 













Saturday, we got to work in our backyard.  Our yard is pretty pitiful because we have an insane amount of pine trees (probably more than 30) which leads to lots of nice shade...but tons of roots and dead spots where grass won't grow.  We are slowly going to cut down some trees and try to get it looking a bit better.  The first step was to fill in an area in the backyard that was all dirt and roots.  It looks amazing and we are proud of our hard work!  This is a phone pic, but you can sort of get the idea:).



Sunday, we worshiped at church and had some friends over for Easter lunch.  I just did easy stuff...chicken salad, fruit salad, chips, and drinks.  My friend Alana brought a yummy dessert! Also, my parents came for an impromptu visit which was really nice.  We hadn't planned on them coming, but were so glad they did!  One of the hardest things about moving to Alabama has been that we are further away from them.  Anyhow...it was a full weekend and I am just overflowing with gratitude for my Savior. 

Easter is one of my favorite holidays because we do just focus on the good news of the Gospel...it's something I try to focus on all the time, but there is something about Easter that just renews my heart and soul for the One who has pulled my life from the pit.  It's also a favorite holiday for us because we usually stay HOME and I actually get to host for once:)!!! 





















 Thanks to DeDe (Jeff's mom) for the beautiful Easter outfits on my kids:)!!!


HE IS RISEN!!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

A busy weekend with lots of fun.

The backyard looks great.

The Reeds said...

Girl, you are a rock start with all of your parties, crafts and projects!! Good luck with the potty training! I am thinking we'll start this summer, and I'm not excited. I LOVE the picture of the girls holding hands and Samuel with his arms around them!!

lsnellings said...

I love all of your Easter decorations! Your family is beautiful! Happy Easter!

jennifer said...

Those dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And Samuel looks so handsome of course!! The girls could really almost pass as twins, they are so sweet! You guys are going to live out there on your patio.... it looks great!

Meredith Houston Carr said...

What a great post! You look absolutely beautiful and so do your babies--they are just too cute!! I'm so glad you guys survived the horrific storms last night!