4.22.2011

Good Friday

"It was my sin that held him there, until it was accomplished. 
His dying breath has brought me life. 
I know that it is finished."  
~ Stuart Townsend How Deep The Fathers Love For Us


On a day where I have seen my sin clearly...where the yuck of my heart has been displayed... 

I am grateful it is finished. 

He died to give me life.  I'm so glad Sunday is coming.  I need resurrection.  I need the wild love of Christ each and every day to set me free from the depths of my deep and darkened flesh that wants only to serve itself. 

I am grateful that nothing but HIS blood can make me whole.

Jeff taught this song to Abigail one night and it has since become a favorite bedtime hymn that stills my soul.  I cherish hearing these tiny voices singing such beautiful truth and it ministers deep down to the depths of myself where I need it preached to the most...


4 comments:

jennifer said...

oh my gosh, they are SO stinkin cute!!! My favorite is Abigails face!!! I don't know what it is, but I think it's just that age (M's too) that is just so endearing.
They are all too precious!

Love Being A Nonny said...

So so precious. It is so true if you hide God's word in your heart it will be there in times when you need it most. My children recited verses as children that come to them in times of need. Your children are indeed precious. May God bless your family this Easter. He is risen!!

Alana Karl said...

Love that video and song! The kids are pretty good at singing it too!

natalie said...

Hands down, that is Meryt's favorite song. When it comes on the ipod, we must turn it up REALLY loud and all sing. If someone asks her what her favorite song is, she'll tell them in a heart beat "Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"

LOVE IT