4.08.2011

Dentist, Sand, Field Trip & New Look

All THREE children went to the dentist yesterday.  It was an adventure!  Thankfully, my parents had just rolled into town so my mom went along with me and I was able to use her iphone for pics...which has me really wanting one so that when I don't have my big camera I can use the phone camera in places like this!  Ellie Kate and Samuel did so good during their cleanings but Abigail was very skeptical since this was her first time.  EK got the lecture about having to stop sucking her thumb (yeah, right!) and she just stared at the dentist (who happens to be our friend from church and one of her little friends daddy) like he was crazy.  Samuel had a loose tooth with a permanent one coming in behind it so the dentist pulled it without him even realizing it!! He was a little shocked about that!





Since my parents are in town, that always means we have a project to do!  This time, my dad went and got a truck load of sand for our sandboxes (we were totally down to a few grains) and the kids had a blast playing in the sand in the truck for awhile before they "helped" unload it.   Again, this picture was taken with my mom's iphone.



Today, I was able to go with Samuel's class on a field trip to the McWane science center in Birmingham.  I won't lie, it was a little crazy.  I have a new found respect for his teacher and all that she has to handle day to day with lots of wild and busy kids (the boys especially).  I am already brainstorming a really nice teacher gift to give her at the end of the year.  She has just been so amazing  and Samuel has truly flourished under her!

Lastly, as I'm sure you can see, I have a new blog design!!!  This time, I decided to go with very simple, clean, and easy to navigate (hopefully).   I added a few new tabs over to the side with some of my most memorable/popular/viewed posts and categories.  After sweet Jeff saw the new design, he casually asked "Where am I?"  since the header included pics of me and the kids.  I really wanted a family picture in the place where the picture of me is, but we just don't have a good recent vertical picture of us.  However, since this is mostly my blog (I mean, he has never written anything on here), I told him it was okay that he wasn't in the header...but he is over in the sidebar and he's also written about in the "my family" page as well as countless other posts throughout this blog!  You know I love you, honey!

Tomorrow is the beginning of baseball season for our little leaguer, Samuel, so I'm sure I'll have pictures of that to post some point soon!   

4 comments:

heather ryan morse said...

what is so funny..is that was my first thought too :) lol where is jeff? lol

but i really like the picture of you with the camera...is there a way to do five pictures as the header?

i love the new look and love reading you!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

congrats on being added to faithblogs! i was added with you this week- so exciting! :) i look forward to reading more and meeting your sweet family. your kiddos are precious.

lsnellings said...

I love your new blog design!

EJ was very skeptical during her first visit to the dentist. She actually refused to open her mouth! She was much more cooperative the second time around!

Kitty Brown said...

So maybe Jeff should just contribute to the blog? I'm just saying -- it would be highly entertaining :) Love the new look!