If you watch the news, then you may have heard we had a major storm (f4 or f5 tornado) come through Tuscaloosa today. It was scary and the devestation is unbelievable. I was moved to tears when the first pictures started popping up on facebook. Thankfully, our house and area of town are perfectly fine...but less than 2 miles down the street it's literally like a bomb was dropped. It's an area of town I frequent almost daily. The CVS, Krispy Kreme, Big Lots, Milos, Hobby Lobby, Taco Casa, gas stations, and more are rubble. Homes are destroyed and lives have been lost. Cell service is really bad right now, but I wanted to let everyone know who checks in here that we are okay. Many of our friends, however, are not. They have lost homes and cars. Our friends and co-workers have lost nearly everything and will be staying with us tonight (and for however long they need to).
Please pray for our city. Tuscaloosa will not be the same for a long time. Thankfully, we take comfort that God is still on His throne and He is Sovereign.
Here is a video of where 15th Street meets McFarland...the heart of Tuscaloosa really.
15 comments:
Rachel, I am so thankful yall are ok. How devastating! I am so sorry.
That just breaks my heart. I am so glad that yall are okay! I will be praying!
Rachel, I was thinking of you all today, glad to hear you and your family are safe but my heart breaks for those who are less fortunate! Be safe!
Tamar
Thanks for posting, as soon as I turned on the news this morning I came here to check in on your precious family. Praying for your friends and your city!
Praying for all! As soon as I read the news this morning I just had to come and see if you posted. So glad to hear everyone is alright but so sad for all those that lost. Hang in there.
So thankful you guys are okay.
I thought of you as soon as I heard the news this morning and came straight to your blog. I was so thankful to see your post and hear that y'all are okay. Praying for your friends/co-workers and the recovery of your community.
Rachel - I'm so sorry this happened, and am thankful you and your family are o.k. Thanks for posting this video.
Anna
praising God that y'all were protected -- and praying for the families who have lost much.
though we would never wish for these circumstances, after the floods in nashville last year, i saw amazing things happen with people helping people -- both in and out of the church. prayers that He will use your ministry to bring comfort now and in the coming weeks...
I'm very glad to hear that your family is safe. I am praying for the Tuscaloosa community and everyone else devastated by the storms.
Glad to hear you are ok and I'll be sure to keep in my prayers your town and friends.
So glad you and your family are fine. My prayers are with your friends and people there.
I woke up and immediately thought of you today!
I just knew you guys were okay though, so weird!
So sorry for everything going on around you, i can only imagine the mix of emotions being where you are....
praying for you guys....
oh, and i LOVE the girls cute room. thats amazing they do so well together, i want my 4 and 2 to share a room someday....
I'm a miraclemama lurker - there I said it! I'm not sure how I ever even stumbled on to your blog but when I heard about the destruction in Alabama I thought of you and your family immediately. Glad to hear you are all fine and I'm joining with so many others in praying for those whose lives have been radically changed by this disaster. Blessings to you all - Becky
Rachel--i've been thinking about ya'll! so so so sad... i'm glad to know your neighborhood was not hit--the Lord definitely protected you guys!! Steven was working in the ER at UAB that night and came home the next morning so sad.:( i'll be praying for ya'll and obviously the entire town!
Post a Comment