Ellie Kate and Abigail's room is a work in progress. It will work for now and I'm happy that they are doing so well with sharing. It's so sweet to hear them talk at night and it's so much easier now that they are together!
I envision this room to evolve a bit as I save some money and buy them new beds and hopefully paint the dreadful walls (color is bad and there are lots of holes). I really want white iron beds or my sweet aunt has offered to let me borrow some cute little platform type beds that she is not using (we just have to figure out a way to get them here cheaply). Anyway, for now it's fine and the girls love it which is all that really matters. That said, I HATE BUNK BEDS but we are just working with what we had already. They are a big pain to change the sheets when needed (which is sometimes several nights in a row if one of the girls has an accident) and the color is not what I would choose for a girls room. Their bedding is so cute (it's Pottery Barn stuff that I bought on sale and used some of their Christmas money for) and you just can't see it real well in this current set up. However, the bunk beds are fun for them now and it enables them to go to sleep easier at night since they can't see each other.




8 comments:
Great trick I learned from Steve Johnson, put an extra sheet or two under neath and put those waterproof pads down where they lay. Then if you have to change them you can just take the top one off and you have a clean one ready to go underneath. If the cute sheets are expensive you could just use a cheap sheet (even tuck the flat sheet in on one bed) for emergencies. Cribs are hard to change too!!
So cute, Rachel! Question: I'm assuming Ellie Kate sleeps on the top bunk...how does she do on the ladder? We are considering bunk beds for the boys and I just wasn't sure how it would go with a little one getting up and down - especially in the night for the bathroom.
Their room is SO cute!! I love getting bedding on clearance at PBK!
So cute! Paint those bunk beds white and they will blend in so well. It would be super cute!!!
Steve taught me the same trick about the sheets!! How funny!
I like their room. The color of the walls is cream or beige, cause I like it.
so you went for it?! i love it! i am so glad the girls are doing well sharing a room! as always, the room is super cute!
you really amaze me rach. you also look fabulous by the way in the hot pink dress! i LOVE that dress as well!
love you friend! miss you.
Post a Comment