2.20.2012

A Quiet Weekend

 









Since it was a holiday weekend, my parents offered to take the 3 big kids and give us a little break to just have Anna Mitchell.  It was a great quiet weekend around here...well besides when the baby would cry (which is actually still quite a lot).  I never got the chance to be a momma to just a newborn...we were introduced to parenthood with a hyper 3 year old who didn't speak English:).  Ha!  So anyway, it is always nice for me to just have several days with one itty bitty baby.   In many ways, it seemed so easy besides the fact that I was still tired, still had to feed her every 2-3 hours, etc.  Anna Mitchell was a pretty good baby over the weekend, and actually gave us 4-5 hours straight the last three nights. 

We even watched a movie in the middle of the day on Sunday! When has that EVER happened since we brought Samuel home?:)!




Today, however she has been awful.  I guess I need to just resign myself that she is a fussy, colicky baby, who is very high maintenance, and we will just have to deal with it and survive the best we know how.  

I won't lie, this parenting 4 kids thing is HARD, so it was nice to have a little break. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Rachel, have you tried Colic Calm? I am pretty sure it is over the counter now. My SIL used it on her baby and it was a life saver for her. He had horrible reflux, colic, high maintenance issues! Hope things get better for you. Good or bad, at least she is cute!

Maggie Pelton said...

Oh girl, I'm terrified but appreciate your honesty.

The Brannens said...

I can't imagine being a momma to 4 with a fussy baby! Hang in there and I'm sure you are doing a great job!