2.03.2012

Life With A Newborn

It's been two weeks since Anna Mitchell was born.  Thought I would add one more pic to my little pregnancy belly growth...


So crazy to think that yesterday was my due date and that she's been here for 2 weeks already.  This past week has been a bit more difficult for us.  My mom and Jeff's mom both helped the first week (a BIG thanks to them for all they did) and then the last 5 days or so we were on our own.  THANK goodness Jeff was able to stay home a good bit this past week as I'm still recovering from the csection and really have to rest a lot or I start hurting.  We've also had several college students come over and help and meals have been delivered by friends from church.  What a blessing to see the body of Christ at work as we make this transition. 



This precious girl has also become quite fussy and dealing with reflux just like her sisters did.  She is spitting up a lot (wouldn't know what to do if i had a baby without reflux and spitting) and is apparently in a lot of pain from it already.  Thankfully, this time around I know what to do and what to expect.  There have been moments of frustration for sure, but I think I have been so much more laid back this time around.  So what if she wants to eat every 2 hours?  So what if I have to hold her to go to sleep right now?  The only thing I hate right now is that I can't give the other kids as much attention as I would like.  They seem to be handling it all okay though:).  It's just hard for this momma!  So anyway, we started on some medication yesterday and I hope it helps, but I'm thinking we will have to move to the stronger stuff soon just like with did with EK.  Anna Mitchell reminds me a lot of EK...more high maintenance and not quite as easy as Abigail was as a newborn.

We continue to have lots of visitors too!  Aunt Jenny, Uncle Buddy, and Davis came to visit last week.  They had been sick for awhile and kept having to put off meeting Anna Mitchell.  It was fun to have them and Jennifer was so sweet to also bring a meal to freeze!  Our freezer is overflowing with meals and that is AWESOME!  I don't know how or when I'll ever have the energy to cook again:).   






We also gave AM her first bath since her cord fell off.   Like most newborns, she wasn't a big fan.


One morning while everyone was at school and Jeff was at work, I motivated myself to take Anna Mitchell's newborn pics for her announcement.  I got some good ones...but this one cracks me up.  She gives me this face a lot...like "what in the world are you doing or saying to me momma?"



I'm so tired most of the time,  and so not ready to be on my own for real next week...but I'm so thankful for my precious baby girl.  I am seriously soaking up all her newborn goodness...the crying, the not sleeping, reflux and all:)!

2 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Love it rach! So sorry she's struggling with reflux, too. She s a cutie and I can't wait to see what adorableness you create for her announcement! Love you friend!

Deb said...

Love the final prego picture!!! She's so adorable. I hope the meds work out and your little sweetie starts feeling better. Reflux is no fun. :( Love you guys.