Anna Mitchell, today you are ONE MONTH OLD
It's hard to believe how fast the days are going by.You are still wearing newborn clothes but have moved up to size 1 diapers (we will start cloth in a few weeks hopefully). I think you probably weigh between 9 and 10 lbs and we will find out tomorrow at your one month doctors appointment.
Sweet baby girl, you are not being very good to your mama. It seems like your temperament and personality are quite high maintenance and spirited these days. Actually, I think you are just like your biggest sister Ellie Kate (who was also a very difficult baby and toddler). You like to be held and most of the time scream bloody murder when we put you down. Thankfully, the last few days, you have gotten better about putting yourself to sleep for naps. However, you do have to nap swaddled in your bouncy seat because of your acid reflux. You now take prilosec two times a day and it has helped your reflux pain a lot. You like to nurse every 2-3 hours (usually closer to 2) and that still holds true all through the night. I got my hopes up last week when you slept 5 hours straight a couple of times but this week you have had some rough nights which make mama (and daddy) very tired. At night, we have even put you to sleep on your tummy (with the angel care monitor on) in hopes of getting you to sleep longer. The last few nights you have had your witching hour at 2 am:(.
Despite the difficult days of being a newborn, you are so kissable sweet. In my crazed sleepy and hormonal state, I think and even sometimes say some things I don't mean, but I love you so much and am so thankful that the Lord gave you to us...our little surprise. Our family is now complete and it gives me so much joy to have the privilege of raising you!
1 comment:
love the blanket :) :)
such cute pictures of anna mitchell! can't believe its been 4 week already.
Post a Comment