However, we have still been able to celebrate a lot! On Friday, I went to his school and spent about an hour in his class. It was so fun! I brought cupcakes and they all sang happy birthday and then he got 7 hugs from his teacher, which he loved. Sadly, I forgot the camera so I didn't get any pictures of that. But I did take pics of us making the cupcakes the day before...
you'll notice that ellie kate's baby was right there with us the entire time we made the cupcakes
mmmmmm....
and the little peanut was right under my feet the entire time just wishing she was big enough to enjoy the batter like her big brother and sissy
And here is Samuel this morning opening his presents from us.
We sang happy birthday a lot today and he got to blow out a candle on one of the leftover cupcakes. I am so proud of my big boy. He is such a special kid. I am so happy that I can say I have now spent more birthdays with him than without him. I HATE HATE HATE that I missed his first 3 birthdays. I hate that I have no memories or pictures of him as a baby. I hate I can't tell him his birth story. But I am so thankful for the woman who kept him and sustained him in her womb so that he could be ours one day. I pray for her especially on this day as I always wonder if she remembers.
So, what is this handsome boy like at 7 years old...
- He has a very sweet heart and spirit
- He loves animals
- He still loves to dig and play outside
- Samuel is really into pirates right now
- He loves his sisters and is a huge help to me!
- He still has lots of energy and misbehaves a lot mostly because he is very impulsive
- Samuel loves Jesus and just the other day realized he could read out of his children's Bible. He was so excited and had the sweetest look of awe on his face as he said..."Mom, I can't believe I can read the Bible!"
- He is good at math, but struggles with language and reading
- Samuel loves to fish, hunt for turtles, and play with other peoples dogs
- And apparently he is quite popular with the girls:)! Last year he had a girl who always said she was going to marry him and this year he has a few admirers as well. One of them actually called him on the telephone one night. I'm not kidding. I was quite shocked...but apparently they had exchanged phone numbers at school and talked about calling each other. All I can say is WOW!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Samuel! I just love that last picture of him. The catch lights in his eyes are great! So glad to hear that he had a great day.
I am sure she remembers. Was it an anonymous adoption? Is there any way to ever know who she is? Just wondering.
Happy birthday, Samuel!! Such a BIG love, that boy!
He is so cute! Great post, Rachel. I have two adopted little brothers and I am always so aware of how glad I am they're a part of my family.
Post a Comment