7.26.2009

Rodeo Fun

DSC_1069

We passed these huge buffalos on our way to Cheyenne, Wyoming on Friday.  Jeff's parents are now with us for the last few days in Colorado so we decided to head back to Frontier Days Rodeo.   And, oh my goodness, did we have a blast!!! The kids really loved the rodeo and we saw some spectacular cowboys and cowgirls.  Samuel was in heaven and once Ellie Kate got used to the noise, she really loved it too.  We had a harder time occupying Abigail (but that's par for the course lately with our fussy girl).  After the rodeo was over, we headed out to the carnival. 

Hope you enjoy the picture overload that follows!  I also did some fun editing with some of the pictures.  I'm still pretty obsessed with my camera, and photography in general.  It's also been fun to learn how to use photoshop! 

So, without further ado....our rodeo/carnival adventures...


rodeocollage


DSC_1231


rodeo5


rodeo4


DSC_1125


Barrel Racing (this is what the cowgirls do)

frontierdays

My own sassy little cowgirl
DSC_1319



elliekaterodeo



rodeo3


rodeo2

Samuel loved this handgliding ride....we pretended we were like Peter Pan
DSC_1297


rodeo

This is what happened when EK had to get off the ride...bless her heart, she was having the time of her life! 
DSC_1262


DSC_1289


DSC_1308



Photobucket

8 comments:

Brent, Missy, Aubrey, Eli, & Nathaniel Copes said...

Love the pics! Makes me want to take my kids to Colorado too! Love the ride pics with all smiles my my fav is the one of Ellie Kate from behind with the pink boots. That is one to blow up!

Jennifer said...

How fun!!! I love the b&w of EK with the cowgirl hat on!

Maggie Pelton said...

I LOVE your pics! I really want you to teach me how to take pics this good. Is that amazing blue sky SOOC or is it photoshopped? I love the family pic, love the one of Jeff, the kids and his parents, the one of EK's back, the one of Abigail and EK. I love all of them!!

JJ said...

Rachel, Thanks for saying hey on my blog! I love catching up with ya'll! Your kids are just growing up so precious! Hope to be in touch while we are in Asia!

Sara said...

that is an amazing picture of the Buffalo! It looks like a painting. Any thoughts on when ya'll want us outta here?

Ann said...

awesome pictures! and I just love those pink boots!

Susie said...

these are great pics rach! i remember being there with you and jeff long ago! so fun to see you there now with your sweet family, i bet fc is so much better with kids (minus the small apartment)! i think one of the pics of abigail looks just like jeff. this is the first time i saw him so much in her! really cute! i just love all the updates. how in the world do you keep the hairband in ek's hair?! you amaze me on so many levels friend!

Taylor said...

Looks like a blast! I just went on that hang glider ride, I couldn't stop laughing. I just love that buffalo picture! I can't even imagine being able to drive by them in a field like that. The cowgirl shots are too cute.