2008. I can't believe it's over. I can clearly remember the last few days of 2007 and how I felt. I wrote a post on our last website about how glad I was that 2007 was about to be over. The year had not ended well. I was still grieving our miscarriage, had undergone 2 surgeries, and Ellie Kate got stitches on her beautiful forehead (at only 10 months old) on December 30, 2007. I knew 2008 had to be better. And for the most part is has been a year of immense blessings. God has been good to us especially in the gift of Abigail. She is a precious gem...a true miracle and testament to the Lord's power and love. I still feel wildly undeserving of her life. I just can't believe that I am the mother of 3 kids. Someone at our conference here in Atlanta said to me..."I feel like y'all introduce a new child every year." God has increased our family rapidly for sure! However, 2008 had it's share of heartache as well. I was pretty much blindsided when we were asked to move to Alabama and I would say that in some ways I went kicking and screaming. It was very hard to leave Athens and I do still miss it so much. And yet, God has truly been faithful in providing for us in T-town with a great church, a wonderful home, and new friends. Even though there are still hard days, I can feel confident that the Lord will continue to provide as we serve Him there.
As I look towards another new year...2009...I am hopeful. I don't know what the future holds and that is a good thing (even though my type A personality sometimes wishes I could) because my hope lies in the One who does. Whatever comes our way, He is in control and lovingly planning each day according to His glory. One thing is for sure...there will be surprises along the way (to us anyway). There will be good things and bad things...just as there are each year. Yet through them all, He is still God. He is still our Loving Creator and He is forever our King.
"I will give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12
3 comments:
well said rach...
Happy New Year to ya'll! Are ya'll members of CHOM? I was thinking about taking the children there Sat. morning to play.
Hey friend - Just read this entry ... I LOVE the puritans, don't you? Just beautiful and heartfelt prayers. Anyway, thanks for expressing what I am currently feeling about God's goodness in moving, but its sorrow too. Hugs to you friend!
Post a Comment