12.02.2008

My Life Lately

NEW UPDATE AT THE END...

This week I am on my own fully for the first time! I know, I know, I have been spoiled. Jeff was able to take off the first week and then both mom's were here some and then it was the holidays so Jeff was home again! So, yesterday was the dreaded big day...and I survived!!! I also got these...

My sweet husband was thinking of me on my first day back! Love him! Tonight will be another test... on my own at bedtime with all 3 kiddos (Jeff has the weekly meeting).

Let's just say that I am thankful Samuel is back at school this week. Although I love his energy and fun personality, I don't know that I could have survived if he was here all day too. I don't know how some of you mom's do it with 3 or more little ones at home!

Abigail is still great. She has developed her fussy time and is very hard to settled down at night. In fact she usually doesn't go down until 11 or so at night. It's tough but really the rest of the day is easy breezy!!! She truly is so good....eating about every 3-4 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night.

Ellie Kate has become a bit clingy and I fear she is watching too much tv lately...but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. During nursing times, we sit down and watch TIVO'd Mickey Mouse or Super Why. At least with Super Why she is learning her letters, right?! She really is trying so hard to sing the ABC's and she actually can identify a few letters. It's so cute!

I still can't believe Alabama finished 12-0. I guess we picked the right time to move back to T-town, huh?!!! Now, we just have to make some Gator Bait this weekend at the SEC championship!!!

Here are the girls ready to cheer on the TIDE last weekend ...





I just have to add a mantle pic. We just got this live garland to put up. It smells delicious!!!


Wow, this is probably the most random post ever! Oh, and I'll add one more thing. I have a bit of an emergency on my hands. I always love to check the mail, but this time of year, my love for that particular task reaches a new, and probably unhealthy, level. Each day, I am so excited to check the mail for Christmas cards! I love getting them and seeing pics of everyone's growing and changing families. Seriously, it's really kind of sad how giddy I get when I see the mailman pull up. That said, I also LOVE sending out our own cards. This year it is no different. I spent hours searching the net for the perfect card that was going to double as a birth announcement. I found one I liked on Etsy.com, still not perfect, but it will do. I paid for it through paypal. Well, I just realized it got sent to our old house in Georgia because I forgot to change the stupid shipping address! I am freaking out because I don't know if the people who bought our house kept the box which was delivered last Friday! They are hispanic and barely speak English. We have put in a call to our old neighbor and are hoping and praying he can get the box of cards and send them on to us. PRAY that I don't lose my mind over this. They are just cards, but I was really excited about them and wanting to get them out this week (which isn't going to happen now). I am blaming the mistake on my sleep deprived, mommy brain.

UPDATE....our sweet former neighbor was able to get the cards and has already sent them on to us today (Dec. 3)!!! HOORAY!!!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh, I'd be freaking out too - glad you survived your first night - sound like Abigail is as dreamy as she looks! Let me know if I can do ANYTHING!!! I hope we can get together soon!

Susie said...

rach... that was pretty dramatic... glad i read the post after the update was added! can't wait to see them. i too love to hear the ole mail man pull up! it's the simple things you know! i am following every word you write about three, but scared since my litte man is not in school!!! taking notes over here in ga!

Ashley said...

love seeing all the new pics and yay for the cards! that would have stressed me out too!

Kristi said...

WOW...that would have sent me into a tailspin, glad you got the cards!! This post made me laugh, b/c today I was waiting and waiting on the mailman!! I knew there would be several Christmas cards out there in the box...and I was right! It's the little things that mean the most! :-)
Glad to hear it's going good, the flowers were beautiful!

Anonymous said...

ok...a newborn and two other kids under 6 AND you did a christmas card before dec 3!!! i would say your "mommy brain" is quite good!