11.08.2012

Just Some Notes

  • It seems that one of my posts from last Christmas has gone viral on Pinterest.  So, that's cool.  I've had over 8000 pageveiws on this blog in the last few days.  That is WAY above my normal 200-300/day I get.  It's funny, really, how social media works isn't it?  I did NOTHING to promote that post or the contents of it, but somehow someone found it and now all these people keep pinning it.  You can go look at it yourself HERE.
  •  I've started running again and it feels great to get good exercise and GASP, about 30 minutes of time to myself:).  However, of course there is always a downside.  I have horrible horrible heel pain known as plantar fasciitis and it has flared it's ugly little head because of my running. Lovely.   I will press on though because this is the only way I lose weight. 
  •  So, the election didn't turn out like I had hoped...but Jesus is still King thank goodness.  Also, I had to keep reminding myself that my citizenship is in heaven not here on earth.  Ultimately no matter who is in office I can trust the One who holds the world in the palm of His hands.  That is such great hope even when it seems our nation is going in a downward spiral politically, economically, and culturally.  I do think this election requires us, as believers, to pray more and be called to think critically about how to reach across the barriers that so divide our great country.   
  •  Ellie Kate can read!!!  Samuel is loving to read!!!  Exciting times in the life of our kids.  I am sooooo thankful that we switched schools this year as it has been the best decision for us.  Samuel is thriving in school really for the first time.  Hard to believe how much the school you go to can make such a big difference.
  •  I designed and ordered our Christmas card this week.  I kept it very simple.  Hope it turns out ok (I'm always nervous about that).  Makes me so glad to have that out of the way!!! 
  • I am obsessed with Downton Abbey!  I am admittedly late to the game, but I watched season 1 in just a few days and season 2 in a week.  For awhile there, I was thinking with a British Accent.  And how awesome would it be to have a Lady's Maid?  I for one, would love a personal assistant to help get me ready for the day, make my bed, serve me meals, etc. etc.  Anyone else on the bandwagon? 
  • I temporarily became insane and planned two birthday parties for last weekend!  They went great, but I am so spent from the planing and the execution that I haven't had the energy to go through the pics.  And then there's the fact that I do have 4 children and there was also a major election.   Some day soon I will get through the pics and post them.  
  • This month is a month of thankfulness and I truly am just amazed at God's goodness.  I have so much to be thankful for.   

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I haven't commented in a while - but I am so glad to hear that Samuel is thriving in school!! I am teaching third grade this year and love to hear a child loving to read!! And way to go EK!!

Just out of curiosity, are you still doing the GF diet for him?

Emily said...

Small world! I found you because . . . I was telling my dear friend Sarah Bendel Warren about this great idea I saw on pinterest where you kidnap the kids and popcorn and lights, etc. She said, "yep, that's my friend" (before I could even get past kidnapping the kids). And I'm thinking, "she so doesn't even know what I'm talking about." ;) But you know the rest. So she told me about your fabulous pajama breakfast party. So here I am admiring all of your ideas and "following" you. Hope you don't mind that I'm borrowing more than the kidnapping. Glad to bump into a kindred spirit who shares The Spirit (feel the same about the election, Downton Abbey, thankfulness, etc.). I blog about quality children's book recommendations. Feel free to pop on over. Have a great week!