11.16.2012

Free Thanksgiving Printable


The holidays are the best time to get crafty and bake which means we truly are entering my favorite time of the year!!! I love to make cute little happies for friends, neighbors, teachers, etc.  So Wednesday Abigail and I made some sugar cookies with my mom's famous icing (confectionery sugar, a little milk, & almond flavoring) in fall colors.  We then put them in clear plastic bags that I already had (I just have a big clear plastic bin that houses all my party gear and I usually 'shop' out of that:)).  Tied them up with some bakers twine from Hobby Lobby.  I am TERRIBLE terrible taking pics lately of this kind of stuff.  Thankfully instagram has saved me because I did of course snap a pic on my phone:). 



And here is a free printable of the cute little turkey for all of you if you want to do something similar...


just click on picture to make bigger, then right click to save to your computer


The way I do these is create them in photoshop, but then put them in my word processing program (Pages on my mac because it's really easy to use but you could do this in Word or Publisher on a PC ) and then use my little punch from Hobby Lobby (these are not expensive if you use your 40% coupon) to make the scalloped edges...but you could just cut them out yourself.  Add a hole punch at the top to tie with string.  Then have fun handing them out to neighbors and friends or taking them to school for teachers and administrators.  Ok, so as I was writing this, I decided to go ahead and make the file for you to save to your computer.  I'm nice like that:)!



Happy baking and crafting my friends! 


1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

This is awesome, Rachel - what a treat for your loyal fans (aka, me). Thankful for YOU!