12.21.2011

Making Memories

We decided to start a new tradition this year with an idea found on Pinterest (because where else would I find any good ideas)!

After the kids baths as they were getting ready for bed, we surprised them with a ticket to the Minivan Express.  They were so excited even though they didn't really understand yet what we were going to do.  I had popcorn ready for them along with their tickets and then off we went out to the minivan.  Jeff was the conductor and we punched their tickets as the got on board.  Then we told them we were going to drive around town to look at lights in different neighborhoods.  We saw some really good ones! 


You can find the free printable for these tickets from the blog I pinned this idea from HERE


Samuel doesn't look excited here, but he really was...he's just a stinker for pictures sometimes:)









7 comments:

driftwoodthimble.com said...

Hi - I am organizing a Holiday event for a group of 300 women in Tulsa on 11th November

A section of the event is based around ‘making Holiday memories’ and I would love to feature your ‘minivan express’ idea! Would it be ok for me to feature and link to it through the Holiday event's blog so that our ladies would be able to see the instructions? and use your images at the event to put up on the big screen?

Many thanks
Dee

Felicity Ives said...

Brilliant idea! Might just use this one ourselves, merry christmas!

Beth Vierling said...

We had a wonderful time tonight! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

This sounds like a fun thing for grandparents to do ;)

Cindy Jenkins said...

I'm in charge of our church Christmas party and will be giving a ticket to each person to get into our winter wonderland Polar Express experience. THAT is the exact ticket I was looking for. Saw it on Pinterest, but the link was bogus. Do you have the printable file? Or do you have a link to the printable file? I need it ASAP, if you would be so kind. Thank you! I love your idea of kids in the car!

cinbow2003 said...

Id love to copy your ticket to do with my granddaughters, so many memories to make.is there a link to get a ticket copy
thank you so very much
Cindy Bassett

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! I did not see an e-mail address so I thought I would leave my message in the comments section. Hopefully that is okay :)

My name is Sammi and I wanted to write you a short note about this post. I found it through Pinterest, and I think it is such a ​cute idea. ​I cannot wait to do it with our kids this year. I am brand new to the blogging world, and the learning curve is HUGE! I want to be sure that I do things the proper way, because I know how important it is to earn the respect and friendship of other bloggers. My best friend and I have called our blog Grounded & Surrounded and it is about all things “Healthy! Heart, Home & Habits.”

I have decided to do a regular series on our blog called “Pinspiration”, and this article will be coming out on Monday December 15th. I have included your article as one of 5 Fun Christmas Traditions and only included an image from the post and why I loved it, people will have to come to your blog for all the details. I wanted to check with you before I publish to make sure that this is okay with you. You can preview the article at this link:

http://www.groundedandsurrounded.com/?p=881&preview=1&_ppp=45b33eebe1

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog.

Sammi | Grounded and Surrounded