"A father to the fatherless...is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5
Our desire to go and do this was definitely born out of years of infertility, but it was also a calling that we became very passionate about. A calling to end the cry of an orphan. The needs around the world are so great and we are so thankful that for a time the Lord made us infertile so He could move in our hearts and call us to something so much greater than ourselves. Was it easy and has it been easy since then? NO. In fact, our adoption journey was a huge challenge and parenting Samuel has been and continues to be a constant challenge in a different way than the challenges we face with our girls. However, parenting him is also such a great privilege and joy! God has taught us so so much through our adoption journey. We are so blessed to be his parents. Saying yes to Ukraine and saying yes these past 10 years of being in full time ministry have been some of the biggest blessings in our lives...all because we know we are being obedient to our Father.
Below are the links (with a few quotes) to some blogs who are written by some ladies who talk about Orphan Care/Adoption Awareness a lot better than I ever could. I am priveleged to call one of them a dear friend. It is so beautiful to me when I see friends and other believers say YES to God and then taste the joy of obedience and contentment that comes with that! It encourages me to do the same! I think you would be encouraged to visit their blogs and I pray that you might be moved to consider the needs of orphans here in the United States and around the world.
Adeye from No Greater Joy Mom
"God’s power is absolutely made perfect in our weakness. When He commands us to do something, He equips us with everything we need to fulfill the calling with excellence. Even people like us--ordinary sinners saved by grace who are just average Joes. He does it for His glory! To make Himself famous in the earth. It has absolutely nothing to do with us. Everything God does is for His glory, not ours."
****************************************
Jenny from Just Jenny from The Blog
"If there's one place, one community, one group where people should be able to share their passion for orphan care, it's within the church. May we not let unspoken tension and misunderstood motives get in the way of our God's mission to bring redemption to the life of every single one of his children."
************************************
Catie from This High Calling
To see firsthand our Father meet us, meet others over and over and over. There's so many moments where we almost missed the beauty, the ashes. And in a moment, He caught us to say Watch My hand move. So when I sit in the pew on Orphan Sunday or as I listen to any other ministry being presented, I grieve as so many of us leave to the tune, "That's so amazing for you, because I could never..."
The Lumpkins aren't special. We're not superheroes, as much as we dress the part. The secret is none of us on this wild journey are. We just allow our Father to dream, to actualize the What If's through us...."

1 comment:
Beautiful.
Post a Comment