
10.24.2011
Campfire Chaos
We celebrated Samuel's upcoming birthday with a Campfire party. I, of course, loved coming up with and planning on the little details and got most of them from Pinterest (where else)! I borrowed a lot of the stuff and a lot of the decorations I already had so it was a pretty easy party as far as set up and preparation. It also wasn't too expensive:). However, with 10 boys running around like hoodlums, it was pretty much the most chaotic party we've had. I'm basically giving up doing anymore parties like this for Samuel. I think next year, he can invite a few close friends to go watch a movie or something with him. Some of it might have to do with being pregnant, but I was pretty tired after throwing this party and so were all the grandparents in attendance. I'm so glad my parents and Jeff's parents were able to come and celebrate with us. They also helped set everything up so that was huge! And of course, we were so excited that Aunt Jenny, Uncle Buddy, and Cousin Davis came too. Things were so crazy, that I didn't get many pictures of the family in attendance so I needed to give a shout out:). The boys ate hotdogs, roasted marshmallows, played with the firepit, sang a very loud rendition of "Happy Birthday", played lots of tackle football, went on a nature/bug hunt, listened to a scary story from Jeff, and made their own trail mix to take home. I think they all really had a blast so I would consider this 9th birthday party a success! Enjoy the pics...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















6 comments:
What a great party! I love the make your own trailmix! I also love how you did the tops of the cupcakes!! I know he must have had a great time! The flashlights were such a cute idea too. WOW! You put LOTS of work in this! (Tired, MUCH???)!!! :)
Such a cute idea- looks like it was so much fun. I may have to remember this one for the future!
This is awesome. I'm filing it away for future twin parties!!!
You are very brave having all those boys over to your house. We have only done ONE party at our house for Brice and it will be the last one. Wild boys and a house do not mix no matter how many adults are in attendance! Glad you had a fun time and love seeing the pictures!
So very cute! You are so creative! Are you going to do Christmas cards this year? If so, definitely put me on your list! I am going to try to get ahead of things is year!
You do such a great job on their parties Rachel! Just enough that the theme is well executed and adorable without being over the top. Thanks for paving the way so I'll just piggy back on all of your ideas in the years to come! :)
Post a Comment