This week, I have had a few normal hours where I was able to catch up on some laundry, vacuum, and even fix a meal (first one since the tornado over 2 weeks ago). Otherwise, I have been up at our church helping where and when I could!
In other news, we got new cell phone service and phones. We had been with sprint for years and had had enough of the bad service and dropped calls so we made the switch to verizon and of course had to get iphones. I'm mostly excited about the camera feature so that I can snap pictures without having to lug my big DSLR around! I was thinking about buying a small point and shoot anyway, but this way I was able to just get it with my phone! I have had too much fun with it for sure...
love these little blessings...
sweetest little wooden bracelet Ellie Kate made for me at preschool for Mother's Day...
one of the precious babies I've gotten to love on and take care of...
And just because...a few more mother's day gifts...
tulips {my favorite} from Jeff
and a cute little ceramic teapot/planter from Samuel that he made at school





1 comment:
I'm just taking a few minutes to catch up on some of my favorite blogs, and I realized that I hadn't even contacted y'all since the tornado. I knew y'all were safe via facebook, but I'm sorry I haven't even gotten in contact until now! As I was reading your posts about the tornado, I was remembering feeling some of those exact same emotions when Nashville flooded last May. I can so vividly remember some of the scenes I saw both on the news and in person. I don't think I'll ever forget driving by a family in their front yard with all their belongings in a pile by the street (waiting to be picked up by the dump). They had a big blanket laid out, and they were laying photographs out to try to dry them. I cried and cried. But, SO MUCH GOOD came out of those terrible weeks....I've never ever been so proud to be from Nashville. There were so many ways that we were able to share Christs love. And, I'm sure you are feeling the same way about T-town. Things are, for the most part, back to normal here, but there are definite reminders of the devastation that happened...but also reminders of how the city rallied. So thankful that there are people like y'all in Tuscaloosa loving on these people at such a time as this, Rachel. We will be praying for y'all and your city!
jennie
Post a Comment