5.17.2011

A Few Links

I read a parenting blog post the other day and it is one of the best parenting posts/articles I've read in a  while! Makes me not feel so bad about how we are doing in our household since Jeff and I could relate to pretty much everything he said.  My favorite quote is "My kids are probably not as crazy as they seem to me (at least that’s what I keep telling myself anyway), but if I ever write a book on parenting I’m going to call it The Inmates Are Running the Asylum."  Click on the following link to read the entire post. http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/2011/05/10/parenting-001/

Our church service this past Sunday was one of the best we have had since Jeff and I have been at Trinity.  We had a guest preacher/teacher Richard Pratt come and speak to us.  He is one of our favorites because Jeff and I had the privilege of taking an Old Testament class under him one summer so we were so excited he was going to be at our church!  He did not disappoint as he spoke to us about taking risks and trusting God as we begin this road to recovery after the tornado.  I highly encourage you to listen...it is well worth the 30 minutes!!!! Click below to be directed to where you can listen.
http://trinitytuscaloosa.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/a-helpful-sermon-by-richard-pratt/

Both of these subjects are areas where I deeply need the wisdom of the Lord and His peace.  Being a parent is so hard, and trusting God as I follow His call on my life when it means taking risks is really hard!  I feel the Holy Spirit nudging me towards some risks and I want to trust Him even when it feels scary!  I hope these two resources are a blessing to you just as they have been to me!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

still thinking and praying for you and your friends over in tuscaloosa... and EK and Abs ages are like mine. 4 and 2 are a blast, but they are SO hard. They tag team me and sometimes i feel like i lose.

Alexis said...

I love, love, loved that article too! I couldn't help but laugh out loud during the Shepherding Your Child's Heart conversation he had with his son...EXACTLY how that goes down at our house too!

Unknown said...

I loved the article! Thanks for sharing. It is exactly what I needed today :)

Amber said...

sorry, I didn't know Zach was signed it with his email account. I (amber) left the comment above :)