5.21.2011

Life from the iPhone...

I have been HORRIBLE about taking pictures lately with my good camera...mostly because we have been ON.THE.GO and busy busy busy as the school year comes to a close, baseball games, and continuing with tornado relief efforts. 

I figured I better post some pics from my phone though or y'all are going to stop visiting the ole blog:).  I am also working on another tornado post (I know y'all might be tired of me talking about it but it's just how it's going to be) where I just go through the details of the day for us.  I don't want to forget the basics of what we felt and what April 27 was like for us. 

Anyway....here is some of what we have been up to lately...


just being cute:)



Mcdonalds dinner at the baseball park on a very cool May evening


Still not used to seeing this destruction as I drive around town

 picnic lunch at the park on the Black Warrior River wearing cute tornado relief tees


building a road in our backyard wooded area 



Our preschool art show was precious! 
I think it's safe to say neither of my girls are very artistic (which makes me laugh and want to cry at the same time. ha ha) 

impressive huh?




been helping this precious baby (tornado victim) and his mama get back on their feet after the storm


you can tell my girls are a tad bit obsessed! 

how amazing are these hydrangeas from my mom's house???


And today, we had the first playoff game for baseball.  Samuel's team won 10-3!!!!  YAY!  It was a hot day and hard to believe that just 4 days ago we were at the same ball park wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts.  Crazy weather! 





 My parents are in town and so we drove around a little to look at some of the damage from the tornado.  It's still so hard to take in.  We drove into Holt today...a little town right outside of Tuscaloosa (like 5 minutes away) that was hit really hard.  There has already been a lot of work done there in large part because of this little church that was miraculously still standing among the rubble.  Seriously amazing that they only had a few windows blown out while houses just yards away are rubble.


this is what you see to the right of the church...



Alright, that's a wrap!  I will start using my good camera again because while I love the convenience of my iphone it's just not the same as my beloved Nikon of course!

3 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love all these pictures! Great that you put them all in one post. You will be glad to look back on a little *diary* of your life in pictures. Oh, and I love your girls shorts with ribbons that say Tuscaloosa. God bless you all as you rebuild buildings and lives.

Haley said...

I totally see potential in Abigail's black and white sketch:) The invites looked great btw!

Unknown said...

Wow, Rachel! Just visiting from Faith Blogs and realized that we are both part of FB and both in T-town! Crazy times doesn't even begin to describe, does it!?! But, I love your blog and very happy to make the connection.