12.15.2010

Tis The Season

It has been COLD COLD COLD around here!  Needless to say, we have been sort of stuck indoors and going a bit stir crazy but we're hanging in there. Yesterday was a baking, cooking day.  I made 5 loaves of banana bread, 2 batches of Russian Spiced Tea, and 2 batches of Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.  All of these were/are for friends, neighbors, and teachers! 








 These are the little boxes with tin cans of tea in them for the children's teachers.  I made the cute little stickers and of course erased the last names on them for the blog:)



To say my kitchen was a MESS would be an understatement.  Some of this was lunch I had to prepare in the middle of the bedlam! And this would be why I don't bake often...I HATE cleaning up my mess!





We've also had lots of STATIC!!!  It's driving me and the girls crazy, but tis the season I guess! I need to get some static guard, but for now I've been spraying hair spray in their hair.





I'm so blessed to have really fun and wonderful friends!!!  Last night this little group (it's my discipleship group) got together for a scarf swap.  It was so fun! We stayed at Carlley's house until 11:45 pm talking.  I think we could have stayed a few more hours but we all knew our babies would be waking up bright and early.  It's funny because some of the time we talked about personality types and all that.  I used to be a big introvert (shy, quiet, liked a lot of alone time and am energized by that) but I am realizing now that I have really become more of an extrovert.  Last night, I was so energized after such a fun night spent with friends, that I had a hard time falling asleep! Ha! I think part of this is because I rarely get to have nights like that and I truly do crave/need them!!! This is blurry pic, but it was on self timer, so it was the best we could do!


Yesterday, the girls wore blue jeans (which is rare) and I put their hair in ponytails to try to ward of the static.  They looked so darn cute and grown up (sniff sniff) that I had to try to take some pictures! Ellie Kate was quite the poser for about 2 minutes...









As cute and sweet as this little munchkin is...I am about to lose my mind with her whining, pitching fits, screaming, picky eating, etc 2 year oldness coming out! Oh my goodness has she hit the two's!!! I still love her to pieces though! 



Hope you are enjoying the season as much as we are!!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Anna's hair is a static mess as well! Glad you got out for some girl time, so needed for stay at home mommies as well as though who work. We feel your pain with the whining!!

Annie said...

I like to bake but I don't like to clean.

Those pictures are so beautiful.

Pamela said...

Such sweet looking children. The boxes you fixed are just adorable. I love Russian tea!