Because of the Veterans, Samuel had a day off school today. I was actually pretty excited about it. I love days when we don't have to get up and going, pack lunches, and get out the door. Hmmm, maybe I really should think about homeschooling at some point!
Anyway, we have enjoyed a great day especially since it is like 80 degrees here today. Crazy weather. First, we enjoyed a lazy morning and then went to get Samuel some new tennis shoes (he hit a growth spurt and already grew out of the ones we bought in August) which is never fun with all 3 kids, but I had to do it. I gave Abigail and EK a stern talk about being obedient and not running around the shoe store like hoodlums trying on every pair of shoes and for the most part, they were decently good. Abigail did spill her juice and pull off several pairs of mens boots, and EK talked me into buying HER a pair of tennis shoes (they were buy one pair get a pair half off and I did have a coupon). Despite that, we will call the shopping trip a success in my book! We then headed to the park nearby. It is an older playground, but it has sand instead of pine chips underneath and the kids LOVE that. So we came prepared with buckets and shovels and they had a blast.
We came home and ate outside, per Samuel's request. Since I had forgotten my camera at the park, I decided to capture out little picnic outside. I sure do love my sweeties...

this was Samuel's response when I wanted to take his pic...
now, that's much better!
Abigail was cheesing it up and I was lovin it!!
Yummy guacomole...have y'all seen these?
It's called Wholly Guacomole and I get it a Publix sort of in the deli section. They are little premade 100 calorie packs (still a lot of fat though) and they are SO yummy! I send them in Samuel's lunchbox all the time with corn chips.
Samuel's new kicks...
He REALLY wanted some expensive Sketchers that light up and were mostly black. I'm a really mean mom, because I wouldn't let him have them. I'm so stinkin traditional when it comes to tennis shoes. Anyway, we settled on another pair of sketchers that were more to my liking. Don't worry, Samuel likes them too and even thanked me profusely for buying him new shoes. Such a sweet boy!
LOVE my Coke Zero.
Abigail just sat back and really enjoyed herself:)
EK wanted to show off her new kicks too
her first pair of new tennis shoes!
I remember when she was really small, looking forward to the day she would get some pink New Balance tennis shoes! Yay!
Little stinker has to do everything big sister does even if she didn't have shoes on to show off for the camera...














No comments:
Post a Comment