11.14.2010
5 Years Ago...
5 years ago today, this little guy was declared legally ours forever by the courts of Ukraine. His name was officially changed to Samuel Gibbs (first and middle)and he officially received our family name and heritage by the decree of a Ukrainian judge. We didn't get to pick him up for 10 more days but November 14, 2005 will always be a special day for our family.
For today especially, my heart sings of extreme thankfulness for the beauty and wonder of adoption. We are so privileged that the Lord would use the pain of our infertility to call us to a foreign land and end the cry of an orphan. We are honored to have Samuel in our family and can't imagine life without him. Even in the difficult times we have had, we wouldn't ever change this part of our story. Adoption clearly changed Samuel's life, but it also changed ours forever. We won't ever be the same after experiencing the beauty of adoption!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What a wonderful anniversary for your family Rachel!! I can't believe it's been five years! Samuel has blossomed in your love and you in his.
I truly hope to be able to adopt some day.
xx
Maria
Sweet memories!!
Look at that cute pumpkin!! For some reason, that felt like a quick 5 years to me!! :)
wow- totally made me tear up seeing that pic of him! I'm so thankful for how the Lord gave y'all to him and vice versa...what a blessing!
What a wonderful anniversary to be celebrating! He has grown up so much!
That's the Samuel I remember! I think you guys had just adopted him my last year at UGA...
Post a Comment