4.11.2010

It's That Time Again


My parents came into town this weekend to help us do our annual spring/summer planting. It is such a huge help because Jeff and I do not necessarily have green thumbs. In fact, it's always a miracle when things live and do well. Dad gives us lots of instructions and helps us keep things alive. This is Samuel's favorite thing to do nearly all year. He LOVES to plant and water and get things to grow. He was definitely in his element.

Over 3 days, we planted some more shrubs in our front beds (since we tore out all the old overgrown ones last fall), planted new stuff in my planters, planted tomatoes, cucumbers, raddishes, and squash in the garden, cleaned some of the siding on our house that was looking quite green and moldy, cleaned out the garage as it was a mess of toys and wonderful yellow pollen, and we even managed to fit in some yummy meals together. Thanks mom and dad for all your help!!! ! I should add, that I was nowhere in the "WE" part of the above paragraph because of my back. It is so much better, but I am still so limited to what I can do. I am hopefully getting into a doctor this week! I was pretty good at directing the projects though:) Ha!





the girls loved just climbing in and out of these beach chairs to watch all the action








Hmmm...after these awesome flower pictures, maybe I'll take up nature photography. Sure is a lot easier than young children:) Ha Ha!! Seriously, though, I love how the following pics turned out with some of Pioneer Woman's actions. I might have to frame some around our house.






Last, but not least, meet our little birdie friend. He has been hard at work all week in the front yard gathering stuff for a nest, I presume. He's so cute and I was so excited to catch him in action with my zoom lens...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the bird picture! Hope your back feels better soon. :)

Taylor said...

It looks great. I can't wait to finally start my own flower garden. We bought and sold so many homes in the past 5 years that I just haven't had the chance to start one again. WE are putting up a fence in the next month so once that's done I will be starting, yippee!!

Love those little lawn chairs!

Kelly said...

great shots!! i would love to have a little garden....brett and i are going to have to get working on this....hope our kiddos are as good of helpers as samuel...what a big boy!! rest that back, hope it gets feeling better soon!!

The Hornsbys said...

It looks great! So neat that your parents come help every year!!
Have you and carlley decided on a weekend to take pics at the quad? I'm so excited to get some new ones! :-)

Maggie Pelton said...

I'm so impressed y'all were able to get that much done. So sweet of your parents to lead the efforts! The yard looks great. I can't wait to plant some veggies this year.