4.03.2010

Easter Weekend So Far...




I am so blessed to have such beautiful, sweet and fun kids! Aren't they adorable???

Since our easter egg hunt was canceled this morning due to rain, I decided to go ahead and let the kids have their baskets.



It was so fun and Abigail quickly learned the delights of candy (I haven't let her have too much before now). Oh, and the girls cute outfits were compliments of their Dee-Dee:).



Then we had our own easter egg hunt outside this afternoon after all the rain cleared out.









Backtracking a bit...we colored eggs on Friday night. This is always a favorite activity!








And tonight we made Easter Story Cookies. Samuel and Ellie Kate really got into and are both so excited for tomorrow morning to see the cookies.





closing the oven up just like they shut Jesus in the tomb...


The BIG damper on things is that Jeff has been sick all day with the stomach bug. It has been taking it's toll around T-town and it finally hit our house. I was really praying against this thing. I HATE HATE HATE the stomach flu! Now I'm just debating about church tomorrow. If me and the kids are feeling well, then I want to go but then I would feel awful if one of the kids ended up getting sick this week and we infected everyone in the nursery and the children's ministry. What would you do???? I hate to miss church on Easter, but I would hate even more to spread the stupid bug around our church!

Despite the sickness, we will celebrate our risen Lord tomorrow. The stomach bug is such an insignificant little hiccup in our lives but it makes me sad that we will miss out on church and a nice lunch we had planned with friends (they were supposed to come to our house). So I read this quote from Jerry Bridges on THIS BLOG and though it was worth sharing here too...

"Any time that we are tempted to doubt God's love for us, we should go back to the Cross. We should reason somewhat in this fashion: If God loved me enough to give His Son to die for me when I was His enemy, surely He loves me enough to care for me now that I am His child. Having loved me to the ultimate extent at the Cross, He cannot possible fail to love me in my times of adversity. Having given such a priceless gift of His Son, surely He will also give all else that is consistent with His glory and my good."

What a redeemer we have and I love that this weekend especially we remember and focus on all that we have in Him...

There in the ground His body lay, Light of the world by darkness slain; Then bursting forth in glorious day, Up from the grave He rose again! And as He stands in victory sin's curse has lost it's grip on me, for I am His and He is mine - Bought with the precious blood of Christ. No guilt in life No fear in death This is the power of Christ in me; From life's first cry to final breath Jesus commands my destiny. - -from "In Christ Alone"

3 comments:

JJ said...

Hey Rachel!! Happy Easter! Your little ones are so precious, I love all the pictures! I really have no tips about the scripture memorizing. All I do is repeat a few verses every night at bedtime. It is amazing bc it seems to only take her about 2 nights to know it well. "Saying verses" is just part of her bedtime routine now and she will not go to sleep without doing it! Sometimes it gets lengthy but it is definitely accountability for me and encouragement to learn new verses for myself. I bet EK will catch on just as quickly! It was good seeing you in EA!

Boysnberries' Brambles said...

missed you this morning!

Taylor said...

Love all the pics. Sorry your hubby is sick but I'm so glad the kids had a great Easter so far.