I feel like these monthly updates are happening faster and faster. Life is full and busy and Abigail is literally changing from baby to toddler in the blink of an eye. She keeps me laughing all the time as she has really begun talking and communicating so well. I love seeing and hearing her try to ask for things and tell me things. It's so cute. I really can't count the words that she says right now as it expands daily (it's probably between 20-25 words). Also, Abigail is on the move constantly. She loves to climb on anything and loves to dash up the stairs when I'm not looking. She has begun throwing little temper tantrums where she arches her back, screams very loudly, and falls to the floor in dramatic fashion. Very similar to what EK used to do at this age. Most of the time her fits involve having had a toy taken out of her hands by her big sister. Or sometimes they are because I don't let her climb up the stairs. Otherwise, she really does continue to be much more laid back that Ellie Kate was. She is more compliant and easily redirected and obeys pretty well. It is so interesting to compare my 2 girls as it just goes to show that so much of parenting is the nature of the child and not the good skills of the parents. Although, obviously, I believe that good parenting and training is very important in raising an obedient and well mannered child. It's just that with some children (Abigail) it comes easier and with others (Samuel and Ellie Kate), it is a challenge every single day.
We had her 15 month appointment yesterday even though she is 16 months...which crazy enough is exactly what happened with EK. So, I am able to compare their weights/heights as well.
Here are Abigail's stats...
Weight - 22 lbs 7 ounces (25%)
Height - 31 1/2 inches (75%)
Ellie Kate was 23 lbs 2 ounces and 32 inches long at 16 months. So they were almost identical in size at this age...my long and lean girls!!! Again, I think that's so interesting b/c Abigail eats constantly and seems to be a bottomless pit, and Ellie Kate has always been pickier and never seems to eat much and yet their body types are so similar.
Abigail still cries every time I leave her in the church nursery or to mom's morning out. She does not like me to leave her. I kind of love that she loves me so much. It's so sweet and I know there will be a day that she won't care a bit when we are not together. I love my little peanut so much!!!
2 comments:
Such a beauty and growing so fast!
Abigail and Caroline are so similar! Even the same percentiles. The both have those pretty blue eyes too.
Post a Comment