12.21.2009

Let the Celebrations Begin!

This weekend we went up to Jeff's parents house and celebrated Christmas with them as well as Jennifer and Buddy (sis/sisinlaw and brother in law). Apart from Samuel breaking Jeff's parents exercise bike, Jennifer's old barbie house, and our 5 month old Sony portable DVD player, it was a fabulous weekend!!! I'm not kidding when I say that Samuel might be the most destructive 7 year old on the planet. The boy breaks EVERY.THING!!!!!

Anyway, back to Christmas. We really did have a great time and got way too many wonderful gifts!!!!! As always...here is an unfathomable amount of pictures...

Friday night, the kids got to open 1 present each. Here they are in front of the tree:)



The hit was this little electronic hamster that ran inside of a clear plastic ball. The kids thought it was awesome...especially Abigail.











Ellie Kate LOVED playing with the awesome Nativity Set that Jeff's dad brought back from Israel a few years ago. It really was precious seeing her look and study each character. As a side note, EK listens to a children's christmas cd at bedtime now and it has been so sweet to hear her learn the words to all the awesome hymns/carols. It's amazing how many of them she knows now!



I mean, melt my heart! She loved on baby Jesus a lot...





Samuel playing with his pirate lego set. It's a good thing he's cute since his behavior was not what you would call even close to good over the weekend. He was a little hyper to say the least!




Just looks at ALL those presents!!!!














opening gifts


I just had to include this picture because it is a scene that happens about 2,459 times a day at our house



One of my favorite gifts was a Coach purse from Jennifer!!! She is a great gift giver and if I ever have any cute accessories (like jewelry or purses or home decor) 9 times out of 10 it's from her:)
Yes, I did crop this photo in because I thought I would spare myself the embarrassment of the dreaded double chin. Ha!


one of the kids favorite gifts was this wagon!!!


We also got to see Jeff's grandparents (his dad's parents) and eat a wonderful Christmas dinner that Donna (Jeff's mom) prepared. It's always good to spend time with them. They are 94 and 96 I think (can you even believe that????)!




the kids before Church on Sunday - as if we needed another picture of all 3:)



Whew! Well, that post took FOREVER. And just think...I get to do about 3 - 4 more of those in the next week!!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!!




5 comments:

Annie said...

Amazing!!

Love the girls outfits, so beautiful. Did you made them?

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Taylor said...

Wow, that is a lot of presents! Love all the shots especially the family shot of the 5 of you.

Kate G. said...

Great pictures! What a fun time...

natalie said...

Samuel IS cute, for sure!! M's behavior has been...challenging the past few days. We had a friend over the other day and M tried to break every rule we have in this house! Not to mention, she's started talking "in other languages," which basically sounds sassy. So, even if she's not TRYING to be sassy, it sure sounds it. ARGH. I'll be glad when that phase passes.

Kelly said...

love, love the girl's dresses...bishops are one of my favorites & of course, i LOVE anything monogrammed :)