12.23.2012

Christmas Programs

Friday was the last day of school for all three big kids so it was quite a busy day for this mama.  I ran back and forth between 2 programs and 3 parties all before lunch!  It was so fun and I am so blessed!  Jeff was able to go to the programs but he then stayed with the baby so I could help with the class parties.


Abigail's precious program...she was an angel and for the first time was not embarrassed or shy. 
 She sang her little heart out and did all the motions.  I'm so proud of my girl.  Abigail is really growing up:). 



They had a Happy Birthday Jesus party back in their classroom.  She has such a sweet teacher who is a friend of mine and a great little class. 

Abigail loves this little boy Thomas.  Like really loves him.  Her love for him has toned down a little bit this year, but for awhile there she actually sort of wanted to BE Thomas:).   So cute! 


Ellie Kate and Samuel had a sing a long at their school.  It was really special, especially in light of it being exactly a week after Newtown/Sandy Hook tragedy.  The principal said some sweet words, we had a moment of silence, and then 26 students got up and did a little handbell tribute.  There was not a mama in the auditorium with a dry eye.  We are so thankful for our little school and our wonderful teachers!  Each class had a song they sang and it was adorable.  Unfortunately I had my camera, but had forgotten to put my SD card back in.  Oh well. 

Then it was party time!  I was able to run back home real quick and get my SD card for the camera so I could get some pictures:).

Ellie Kate's class had a fun lunch, decorated cookies, made a few crafts, and had a book swap.

Ellie Kate and her precious friend Riley.  I hope they remain friends all through their schooling years.  She also lives in our neighborhood so I have a feeling they will always be good friends:).

precious precious Mrs. S.  Ellie Kate LOVES her!


Ellie Kate's class


Samuel's class had a pizza party.  I enjoyed sitting with him at the table and chatting with his friends. 


This is his class.  So sweet! 

another precious precious teacher, Mrs. M.  Seriously, she is amazing and has really made Samuel bloom this year:)


I love this time of year, because the children all came home with so many different crafts and things.  I still haven't found the best system for saving these things.  I thought I would take a pic of a few of the girls things that they have done...

Abigail's manger.  They sang 'Away in a Manger' in their program and it's her favorite song right now

love that both girls have made these in their 4 year old preschool class

Some ornaments they girls have made this year...





I hope everyone has enjoyed this holiday season!  It has been a busy one for us...but in the last week, I feel like even in the midst of mourning for children I never knew and for the evil of this world, I have truly been able to rest in the joy that we have a Savior.  The suffering and tragedy has truly pointed my heart more to the feet of Jesus and to rejoicing that He came.  Our family is ready for Christmas.  We hope you and yours enjoy the next few days of fun, food, and celebrations!  


No comments: